1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Illinois Congresswoman Compares Gay Marriage To Polygamy

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Dan82

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...iage_n_2024653.html?utm_hp_ref=elections-2012

2. Both same sex marriage and polygamy should be legalized.

3. Ticklish Fish

but we do have "i am married but let's have an affair with another man/woman anyways"

4. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree

5. J Snow

While they are totally different entities, I don't understand why practicing polygamy should be the business of anyone but those involved in the individual relationship.

6. dano22

dano22 Guest

I disagree. Abortion and Polygamy are choices and should not be compared to gay rights in any way. I only means only in a political sense.

7. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

So is religion yet that's a protected class under the law AND in politics.

You could also debate that coming out and acting on your homosexual tendencies is a choice, so in that respect gay rights shouldn't be protected either.

And there is even the debate that maybe some people are born monogamous and some other people are born polyamorous. Or maybe some people are born pedophiles.

Acting like one is holier than the other just because you are born a certain way doesn't help us in the long run. What we should be concentrating on is that fact that being gay doesn't harm anyone, and the same thing applies to polyamory.

8. dano22

dano22 Guest

Thanks Edend you always make think and now I am trying to wrap my head around all of your post. It makes a lot of sense to me in a way.

9. IllusiveRannoch

Edend gets bonus points.

10. dano22

dano22 Guest

From a religious standpoint no one has the right to judge others and other people decisions. God is the only judge and we cannot do the judging for him. I would be a hypocrite to condemn polygamists because it is also condemned in the bible along with homosexuality in the first testament. I would be doing what conservatives are doing by picking and choosing verses just do condemn other people. I cannot say well the "homosexual sin" is fine but the "polygamy sin" is evil.

11. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I hope she's defeated.

Homosexuality is no more sinful than heterosexuality. It's a lie we've been told so many times it has tragically been accepted as truth. The sins are rape, adultry, sex as part of idolotry, and lust. Those apply to both same and opposite-sex sexual relationships. Just because adultry is called a sin, doesn't mean all heterosexual sex is sinful, right?