1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you be Christian and gay-friendly? Depends on how you talk

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Dan82

http://bostonglobe.com/opinion/2012...ow-you-talk/X8aBaQwO6tcAXDMWUGHfRP/story.html

2. Ticklish Fish

What's the chance that articles like these get more recognition than gay bashing? lol /dont answer that

3. ArcherySet

ArcherySet Guest

So this woman's revelation of her lesbo daughter's wedding being better than her funeral is a message from God, and not her own rational (albeit slow thinking) mind. Is this how all Christians think?

Eggs or bacon? Toast or hash browns? What could be worse than not deciding on my breakfast?! Choking to death on my bacon! Praise God!

What could be worse than having to go to work today? Dying in a car crash on the way to work! God provides me answers constantly! Praise God!

4. Linthras

Linthras Guest

It is basically the same story as Prayers for Bobby, only without the suicide.
    Same story is also told in Because the Bible tells me so.

5. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm glad she is at least coming around regardless of where she gets her inspiration. The inspiration is good. The people who think a funeral is the better event for their gay child are hearing pure evil speaking to them.

6. Greendalehumans

I know a lot of Christians who are completely fine with gay people and see nothing at all wrong with being gay. Quite a few of them are actually catholic as well. I mean, I'm a Christian and I don't have any problem with myself being gay (as in it doesn't interfere with my beliefs. I am still afraid of what my family will think).

7. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's true, there are lots of gay and gay-supportive Christians. I wish the media would emphasize this more. The trouble is with the "conservative" churches and their members who cause all the trouble for us and get all the attention.

8. Hot Pink

9. Fintan

Lots of churches are moving left on the issues of gay marriage and homosexuality. In a number of traditional protestant denominations (Lutheran, Anglican, Episcopalian, etc) gay marriages are happening in the church in the US. However, in this woman's case, she is a pentacostal...... I think it will be awhile before any evangelical denomination accepts us.

10. Or mine (Catholic)

11. SkyDiver

We will get there. :icon_bigg

12. Fintan

I think over time the Catholic Church in the West will just stop talking about homosexuality as their congregations slowly become more and more in favour. Sort of like how they deal with contraceptives, officially its wrong but very few believe it.

13. SkyDiver

Exactly.

I'm not exactly sure about how it is in the States, but the far-right churches here in Canada have just moved on. People have realized that there is nothing to be afraid of. And just like it is in Canada, so it will be one day in the States!

14. Pain

Pain Guest

Thank you for posting this article!!! I hope more people have access to it!!

15. Zontar

The best you can ever expect from any mainstream church is apathy or a deemphasis of gay issues. Don't be optimistic.