1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: Support for Ref 74 is under 50% :(

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by jsmurf, Oct 29, 2012.

1. jsmurf

Man, it'll suck if Ref 74 doesn't pass as this article hints is a real possibility:

New poll points to tightening race on gay marriage | Strange Bedfellows — Politics News - seattlepi.com

You can blame it all on the misinformation ads being pushed through by the opponents, trying to scare middle-of-the-road voters that "redefining" marriage will lead to the collapse of society.

---------- Post added 29th Oct 2012 at 12:48 AM ----------

Oh, and if McKenna becomes governor it will be a horrible, dark day. The man is pure evil. Inslee on the other hand is an all-around good guy who was one of the few people in Congress to vote against the Iraq War in 2003.

2. Alan Lewrie

Ugh, I guess I assumed it was in the bag.

3. jsmurf

No, it's not a lock. We, as people who live on the outskirts of Seattle should know that fairly well. You only have to go 10 miles outside of Seattle to encounter a doggedly more ideologically mixed gradient.

4. Alan Lewrie

Yeah, I'm not refuting that, and I can't explain why I thought it was in the bag, the company I keep perhaps?

5. jsmurf

Which could only be a good thing judging by your vantage.

6. Alan Lewrie

The company I keep? Yeah, it is a good thing, though the only person I know IRL, outside of EC, who has said anything about ref 74 is the guy I came out to on FB recently. My other two friends who know about my bisexuality haven't mentioned it at all.

Really, I'll admit to ignorance, as I wholly support it but haven't had much chance to follow the news and read the general perception of it as a whole. It got my vote, so it either passes or doesn't, I've cast.

7. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Well, it's only one poll, but would still be a disappointing to see those big leads in every other poll seen so far somehow turn into a narrow defeat when it comes down to election day. I think it would be quite a blow to the movement to see yet another marriage equality defeat on the "left coast"...

What makes McKenna especially evil? I know WA has a good record going of keeping Republicans out of power, but I heard the Seattle Times is running some sort of bizarre campaign to support both R-74 AND McKenna?

8. jsmurf

I honestly don't know what prompted them to stick up for McKenna. It's the Northwest, we're alot like the Twilight Zone out here. :grin:

9. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Democracy is unintelligent, ignorant mean-spirited people voting on your rights. The more we can have it curtailed by the judicial branch, the better.

10. sguyc

Don't think we will make any progress until the baby boomers die off, which is sad but it is what it is.

11. Ticklish Fish

and their children and grand-children re-educated*