1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay Men's Sexism and Women's Bodies

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Pain, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Pain

Pain Guest

Gay Men’s Sexism and Women’s Bodies

Read more at Gay Men’s Sexism and Women’s Bodies

2. Ridiculous

I have to ask where they got these gay guys because I'm pretty sure the last time I touched a girl at all was when I was 6 and we were playing tag.

3. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is a good find, so thanks for posting it. The behavior being described here is pretty stunning. After I picked my jaw back up off the floor, though, I wasn't too surprised. I have long ago been disabused of the idea that being bisexual somehow lessens my male privilege. I've also been around enough to see that hierarchy exists within the LGBT community, so it's not like a failure to have solidarity is particularly surprising.

It's still sad, of course, because the singular reason that LGBT people are oppressed is the gender binary system. So until we can all get on board criticizing that and doing something to make gender relations more just, we're only going to have hollow victories.

4. Mogget

I've definitely heard of this sort of thing happening, and there's always been a subset of gay men who are covertly or openly sexist, often using their homosexuality to excuse inappropriate behavior or displays of disgust at the female form.

5. Emberstone

but was it 'sacky tag'?

6. Tim

Tim

Pretty much this. Except for times where they want to shake my hand or such. Lol.

I want that professor to do another thing.

Ask the women in the room the last time they touched a gay man's body without his consent.

Or commented on something like his fashion, weight, etc.

I'm sure the results would be the same, seeing as how stereotypical that class appears to be.

7. Neutrality

I'd be curious to see how often women touch each others bodies without premission or comment on things like weight or fashion as well...I bet this would also be 100% of his group....I think gay guys just get treated like one of the "girls" >.>

8. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would never tell a woman to improve her body, and as for touching them, I would only touch them without consent as an accident as in accidentally grazing them, or w/e. Otherwise I'd never touch them (their breasts or just them in general) without asking if i can.

9. Nightmaric

I only touch my female friends like that if we have a mutual understanding it's okay. In fact I cuddle the fuck out of my best girl friend. We are just close with each other, and she touches me in appropriately too. I feel like as long as their is consent their is no entitlement. As for the critiquing of clothes and bodies, I never talk about fashion. Cause I don't care. They always ask for my opinion and I tell them what I ink looks nice but ultimately I don't seek out ways to make women look better. I just like groping my friends and they like groping me. Yeah!