1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homophobic man on train arrested

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Harve, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Harve

I've seen loads of videos filmed of people being outrageous on public transport but never one which has homophobic abuse. Any thoughts? I think the two younger lads were being quite antagonistic too, but it's pretty shocking stuff and vile language, especially since I use that exact train (Blackpool/Preston to Manchester) a lot to get up to and down from Scotland. The man only received a caution, but I personally wouldn't have wanted anything more.

[YOUTUBE]uTo8SN-MLIQ[/YOUTUBE]

(on the other hand, I do quite like how he says 'came out the cupboard' rather than closet, shame about the context)

Dictionary:
    shirt-lifter = gay
    mither = annoy, harrass
    knobhead = dick

#1 Harve, Nov 8, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  2. Ridiculous

Good. Disturbing the peace to be hateful, needs to be reprimanded.

[​IMG]

3. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  4. Pyrotactick

I think they both were a bit over-reacting. Unless the homophone was REALLY asking for it. Either way, interesting vid, not enjoyable, but found it interesting of the terminology. Going to start saying those words now! :grin: Loljk.

5. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    pretty sure i would have punched him

(ok not really, but they certainly weren't overreacting)

#5 Pseudojim, Nov 8, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  6. All Star

All Star Guest

I woulda' knocked the fool out.

7. Capichino

Hey I can't watch it can u post a am different link to it plz

8. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I personally can't say much. Did the man say something in context before the two joined in? Did he just go right out and assume they were gay, and point fingers from out of the blue?

There's a piece of information missing, and that's why I'm going to go with that the conductor wasn't exactly lenient with what he was doing. He satisfied both parties to the same degree and cut the situation without there being too much unnecessary drama.

From what I've seen from both parties, LGBT and homophobes, even here on EC is the "LET'S RIP HIS THROAT OUT". I completely disagree with this. Yes, homophobes aren't exactly the best people. That's been established many, many times. But I'm going to quote an advertisement of a video game (I forgot which one) I found in GameInformer:

When fighting the monsters, make sure that you don't become one.

This kind of ties into with Ghandi's "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind". If we want people to actually treat us with the respect we want, we should really treat them with the same respect, first. Call me a hippie, call me a Catholic, although I really am agnostic. But would you really think they'll think of the LGBT community on a higher note than if we went for their throats, perhaps harder and more agressively than if they are toward us? Even if it's hypothetical, it's still a thought. And here on the internet, anything and everything can be misinterpreted, since it's just simple words.

Please. Let's do our part to make this world a better place, even if it's being nice to the mean guy.

9. ArcherySet

ArcherySet Guest

We really don't know who is truly at fault. These kids could have been loud, vulgar and obnoxious, and he could have been annoyed by them, addressed the issue verbally and then become the target of a couple of youths, harassing and making a video.

I've taken public transit many times with disgusting teenagers and young adults that I've wanted to punch out. Then again, I've also taken it with stuffy, cantankerous old farts that complain that my music is too loud, even though I'm wearing ear buds.

So who knows. It was a boring 2 minutes I'll never get back. The video of the roid raging douchebag, harassing the poor old lady for touching his bicycle on the train, now that's a video that deserves attention, and he deserved a broken face.

10. Harve

They're not exactly youths! They're in their mid-20's, which says quite a lot...

Ah yes, here is what they said in the information box for the video:
    And I completely agree with what you/GameInformer are saying.

11. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Hahahahaha that's quite a funny one.

12. Harve

It's a pointless comment for that man to make though: I seriously doubt he's religious at all, so there's no need to refer to the Bible. Northern England is one of the least religious regions of Europe iirc.

13. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTo8SN-MLIQ
    that's the original video comment from the author at youtube, since been removed. i had to do a bit of google cache mining to find it

---------- Post added 10th Nov 2012 at 09:22 AM ----------

further information: The Freedom of Speech Observer: Who is this homophobic pile of poo??

#13 Pseudojim, Nov 9, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  14. qboy

15. qboy

And he's been jailed.

Train abuse man jailed - Local - Lancashire Evening Post

16. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    pretty sure that's a different man

17. gordilocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    being 'nice to the mean guy' is stupid & achieves nothing. if the oppressed are meek & kind & nice to the oppressor what do you think will happen? will the oppressor think 'oh no, they're so nice, i'll stop my homophobia/racism/sexism now'? no, they won't, things will continue how they are. ppl need to stand up for themselves & if that requires violence, so be it.

18. Mohiro

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So what you're really saying is that if Malcolm X and Gandhi had a boxing match Malcolm X would have won. Think about it...