1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uganda's Anti Gay Law

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Aielar, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Aielar

Has anyone else seen this?

Uganda's Anti-Gay Bill To Pass This Year: Official

It's incredibly sad, and disturbing, that other parts of the world are considering passing bills like this. I'm hoping there's enough resistance to the bill to stop it from passing, but right now it's not looking like it will turn out that way. Hoping for the best though, for the lgbtq people in Uganda.

2. Ridiculous

I thought this got smacked down earlier this year?? How did it get resurrected?

3. DarkClarity

FFS. Instead of trying to tackle the mass poverty that the country has, they instead concentrate on killing the LGBT. My thoughts are with the Ugandan LGBT community. If this bill passes I hope they gtfo of the country and fine somewhere safe.

4. Miz Purple

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I know this whole think makes me sick,I hate people ignore the huge issues that actually need to be dealt with and instead want to kill innocent people it sick, but its all the anti gay groups here in the USA they spend millions of dollars campaigning against us when they could be usingn to feed and cloth the homeless and help the schools , which is what Jesus actually said to do in the bible .

5. Linthras

Linthras Guest

Well, with support from the Catholic church for one.

6. Maunglwin

:tears:It's so sad to still see discrimination in this world!!! Like what happened with the discrimination of black people, I hope we can one day look back at this and just think how stupid this whole this was, not accepting people for who they are, thinking being gay is a choice, 'it's disgusting to have feelings for someone same sex', etc.
    This is so upsetting :tears: people having to hide who they are because they're afraid they would b put in jail or even killed. Its sad to hear how close-minded people can be. I hope this law would not pass and more & countries would threaten to cut aid & trades + businesses if they pass this law.

7. Aielar

You've got a point - economic sanctions from other countries to Uganda might be able to make the bill more lenient, if not eradicate it completely. Hopefully one day we get to the day you described - it would be awesome, no? :slight_smile:

8. SkyDiver

Fuck whoever is pushing this foreward.

9. Doku

Out Status:
    Some people
  10. Aielar

11. Doku

Out Status:
    Some people
  12. Exceeder

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Disturbing indeed that this is on the board for Uganda. Its truly tragic when a nation is more concerned with killing gay people than economic improvement and governmental stability.

13. Miz Purple

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    In that video the guy says the homosexual agenda is in the school systems and parents are losing their rights on what their kids learn , wtf? As far as I know they are not teaching gay history in school , what is this guy smoking? The only thing being done in school is trying to get kids to respect everyone and not bully people.

14. Sherri

I definitely signed that.

When you hear stuff like this, you have to kind of hope that it's on the same level as hearing that a lot of the Southern states in the US had people screaming about secession after Obama was re-elected. That it isn't is even sadder =/. It really puts our LGBT problems here in perspective and reminds me of all that we do have to be grateful for as Thanksgiving approaches.

15. Gen

Gen

Its nice to see it has gotten over 6 thousand signatures in only 3 days. There is no reason we shouldnt end up with plenty to pass it.

16. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Evangelical Christians from the U.S. are the ones who introduced the idea of a "Kill the Gays" bill in Uganda and other African nations. One of them was quoted as saying it was "too late" to get such a bill passed in the U.S., so Africa would be the place to focus on it. But this is the real Evangelical agenda for LGBTQ people.

17. Veneficus

That bill makes me sick.

18. Aielar

I know right, makes me sick too...which is why I hope enough signatures will be collected for the petition to be effective and stop this bill from being passed.

19. jsmurf

Evangelicals are quick to forget the sanctity of life in all cases outside of the womb.

At least Catholics are consistent by being equally opposed to abortion, the death penalty and armed war.

---------- Post added 16th Nov 2012 at 12:54 PM ----------

Sadly, American Evangelical Christianity has become all about hatred and provincial ignorance/bigotry rather than Christlike love.

Presbyterians are another story, and I commend them for being progressive.

Even the RCC has my respect for denouncing the death penalty and accepting evolution.

#20 jsmurf, Nov 16, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2012