1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

N.S. legislation would clarify rights of transgender people

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by lazyboy, Nov 20, 2012.

1. lazyboy

lazyboy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    HALIFAX -- Nova Scotia's justice minister tabled amendments to the province's Human Rights Act Tuesday that would clarify the rights of transgender people.
    Ross Landry told a news conference in Halifax that the changes would see gender expression and gender identity included in the law.
    "I believe our community must be a place where all Nova Scotians know they are accepted," said Landry.
    The changes would allow transgender people to file human rights complaints based on their identity in cases where they believe they have been discriminated against on the job or in the community.

Read more: N.S. legislation would clarify rights of transgender people | CTV Atlantic News

2. Doku

Out Status:
    Some people
    I am quite thankful that you had posted this as I had been planning on moving to Nova Scotia in a couple of years (especially if DOMA doesn't get repealed here in the states).

3. Hope it works out.

4. Woo! Feel proud to be Nova Scotian!