1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you guys think of this?

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Salazar, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Salazar

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ohh surprise.. It's Linda Harvey. I live in the same country and the same state as her.

I really wish that she would just go off the air.

3. Salazar

She seems a bit like the late Mary Whitehouse.

4. madi

This breaks my heart that some people think this way.....Let's hope there aren't enough of them to ruin the happiness of the rest of us......ashamed to live in the same country as her.

5. Ticklish Fish

*in b4 definition of humans in other ways that counter argues*

6. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think LGBT people need to defend their humanity to such a worm that would challenge it. Let her be an idiot without getting down to her level.

7. Emberstone

they said the same thing about blacks, jews, and women... so slavery, holocaust, and inquisition.

I think I just proved their point invalid.

8. SomeNights

sometimes I wish people like that would have a family member or close friend come out. Make then realize how much of an ignorant ass they make of themselves

if only we could add idiotic radio show hosts to that list.

9. Deaf Not Blind

^ they just shun the member or warn him not to be gay around them or he's outta the family and the will. really.

10. SomeNights

Yeah, god forbid that women has a child. It would need sooooo many years of consoling

11. Deaf Not Blind

yes, my cousin died with mom like her. it was brutal when he was dying, she was on phone talking abt his burial...at his bedside, him still conscious but unable to speak! i do hope he is in heaven! nightmare

12. that breaks ma heart why people think like tat and even announce it to public.....i wont curse her coz i dnt like to make fun of anyone or hurt anyone coz i knw hw tat feels.....but im sad she said tat:frowning2:

13. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's just her doing what she does.

14. SomeNights

I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin. No one should have to deal with that. (*hug*) Were you two close?

15. Emberstone

bigottry is inhumane, regardless of which group it is being targeted. but the saddest thing is the fundiementalist christian playbook has not changed in hundreds of years, since the fundiementalist split away from the christian faith, creating their own version of christanity.

the 'they arent human, so they are not entitled to protection' is their main structure for wording their hatred.

they need new writers.

16. SomeNights

Not all Christians are this way. I know plenty that are perfectly accepting of LGBTQ people. Some even went as far as boycotting chik-fil-a when that whole thing went down. Which I got a kick out of, b/c i still was eating there.

I think the best thing we can do is ignore it. Some people just don't understand and are not willing to grasp concepts that don't apply to them. We could try and shove the whole acceptance and tolerance thing down their throat, but then does that make us any better than them? Let them preach and spread hatred. While there busy doing that we'll do something important(like find a bf in my case :slight_smile: ).

17. Pain

Pain Guest

If there's anything that requires a violent reaction, it's this. I am not a violent person either, but to go this far, as to say that anyone isn't a person for being of a sexual minority.... damn. How much I want to curse and break shit. I'm legitimately pissed off after reading that. I'd like her to prove anything she says in the article. WHY is being gay 'unnatural,' as she put it? WHY do relationships have to be 'consummated' in the production of children? I'm really pissed now.... ugh....

18. SomeNights

Then I'd say she did a pretty good job. Remember, no publicity is bad publicity. By letting her get a rise out of you (and many other people) it keeps her on the air and going strong. Now on the other hand if that page were to 0 hits and everyone forgot about her and primitive thought process (to say the least), I bet she'd be off the air in a week.

Even though I disagree with her, I still am not about to take a "violent reaction" toward her. That was my initial reaction, but then I remembered that because she has the right to put her opinion out there and say that we are degenerate freaks of nature, I have the same right to say she is a person with a very neanderthal like mindset and should have no ability to affect anyone's opinion and she should spend more time doing something productive. Maybe, figuring out how to utilize the wheel or light a fire?

19. Neutrality

I don't think a violent reaction is a good idea, I think pity is the right word. We need to pity her, pity that she lives her life filled with such hate, that she is scared and confused by things she doesn't understand, pity that she ignores science or proper manners and pity the fact that she doesn't understand the word compassion...I don't imagine Jesus would have been yelling those things...Heck if you believe in God, pity that she is going to hell =P

That's what I do to these people in real life, when they start yelling at me I go up to them and tell that that I pity them and then I say a prayer to God for their souls that they will leave the rage behind and become more christ-like....and I'm an atheist I just really enjoy the look on their face when you do that...it like destroys their mind =P

20. starfish

I can't help but laugh a little when I hear "Christians" like this. Clearly they don't understand the faith they claim to hold so dear and want to protect. Jesus would never treat anyone like that and he taught the exact opposite of it.

I also find it funny they presume to judge for God. In the Christian bible it clearly says that God himself is the only one who can judge us.

I once heard an Episcopal priest say, God dosen't care who you love, only that you love. That my friends is a Christian who truly understands his faith.

Some people may be angry at this woman, but instead I feel pity for her. She has filled her life with hate. Life is too short for hate. Hate is a lot like anger and I think Buddha said it best.

Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.