1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The KKK takes on the WBC

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by IrisM, Dec 18, 2012.

1. IrisM

2. gordilocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i have no idea how to feel abt this :S

3. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A hate group going after another hate group, that's a bit odd.. :dry: KKK is still bad though.

4. I hate these feelings I'm having.

5. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well.. this is entertaining.

6. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I hate to agree with a Klan member but when he said it is an absolute shame that they disrupt people's funerals, he is right. I know they aren't in support of any of us but either way I still don't see anything good coming of this.

7. Suffocation

Good for them, I guess.

8. curlycats

it's hard to see this as "the KKK step in..." when really it's just one man's comment re: his personal feelings that this article is constructed around.

9. Ticklish Fish

oh lol. tell me when one thousand bitches i mean mom is fighting against WBC too

10. Katelynn

Funny how racists are denouncing homophobes. This just has me more confused than anything, but at least the message is somewhat there...sort of...

11. Emberstone

that thread title almost sounds like the beginning of a joke, seeing as the only difference is that the kkk wear bedsheets to hide their apperance, and the world wishes the women of the wbc would.

12. Britern

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmm, it seems everybody's after the WBC at the moment: first Anonymous, and now this.

Despite the fact that they're going after the WBC, I still don't support the KKK in any way. They're just as bad as each other, IMHO.

13. WilliamM

WilliamM Guest

Wow that church is really hateful they are absolutly a hate group

14. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Still can't understand why the Supreme Court actually ruled they should be allowed to picket because of Free Speech. They aren't human and thus should not have free speech.

15. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree with this 100%. Well, not on the legalistic stuff, but on the "WBC members aren't humans" part. I think it's extremely important for us to remember that it is possible to take your Humanity Card and throw it away. I think it's very safe to say that when you're advocating democide--that homosexuality should be a capital crime--you've definitely thrown it away and invited the state of nature upon yourself, with everything that entails. And in fact, it's happening right now. It looks like Shirley has already been the target of effective cyber attacks. This is an extremely good thing, and I hope that any law enforcement agencies make this case an extremely low priority if they discover any evidence.

The interplay between the KKK and the WBC actually highlights for me better than anything else could why I hate the response to WBC so much. Everybody hates the WBC, but very few people hate them for the right reasons. Usually, they are hated because they picket military funerals, and often times the same people who want respect shown at said funerals agree with WBC that homosexuality is evil, and some people may even agree with various degrees of criminalization, including the death penalty.

I just look at this, and think "oh hey, look it's the pot calling the kettle black."

16. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They are both despicable groups who are evil in their own little ways. However, the KKK of today seems to be a mild-mannered bunch compared to earlier times. Yes, they hate just about everybody (gays included), but from what I've seen, they don't really do anything other than have cookouts and say "white power" to each other. A lot of them are ex-military, so I can see why they feel the need to defend the funerals of fallen soldiers.

And really, it's coldly-murdered children. Even the vilest convicted felons come together and denounce this kind of act as the most terrible crime that could be committed. I'd let the KKK go about their business with the WBC, and afterwards go back to lamenting the fact that either of these groups ever came into being.

17. BENDERBOY

BENDERBOY Guest

I prefer Areosmith taking on Run DMC.

18. Emberstone

the supreme court has a hard time limiting free speech, because they seem to think that can be a slippery slope. it doesn't mean that the court agrees with the speech, but that they are afraid to start limiting speech, as it is the cornerstone of our democracy, even if shitheads fuck it up for media-whoreish attention.

19. theMaverick

Oi. This make my head hurt. On one hand, I always love to see someone tell those WBC assholes to fly a kite. On the other hand, racism is a terrible terrible thing, equally as bad as homophobia. So...conflicted...head...swelling

Okay so I found a (what I thought was) hilarious GIF of an exploding head but my better judgement told me I probably shouldn't post it on here. So I digress.

#20 theMaverick, Dec 18, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2012