1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pope attacks LGBT equality in Christmas speech

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by RainDreamer, Dec 22, 2012.

1. RainDreamer

From Pope Attacks LGBT Equality in Christmas Speech

I honestly feel sad about this. You would think, of all time in the year, Christmas would be the done time they stop trying to dehumanize us, a time where everyone take a break from going head on against each other, just sit down and have a normal talk, a time of peace. Even in WWI, German and Allied soldiers actually stop fighting for once in Christmas, and have a one day of peace in midst of the war. Just...why?

2. Mykayla

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You know, I've had it with this guy.

3. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What a douchebag.

4. Miz Purple

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm Sick to death of this pope like he has any right to say shit to us sitting on his golden throne hiding child molestors .

5. DryOasis

DryOasis Guest

The Pope talking out of his arse again. He seems bored this holiday season.

6. Emberstone

jesus never told us to build churches ('on this rock, you will build my church' is not from the bible), he said to pray in private, not in public like the charletans, and he said it is a sin to refer to anyone in a spiritual sense as 'father', because that is offensive to god, the father.

its funny how they say they are upholding the teachings of christ, yet christ's actual teachings are thrown aside and ignored because it would effectively dismantle their power, which is all that matters to them.

7. Gen

Gen

“People dispute the idea that they have a nature, given to them by their bodily identity, that serves as a defining element of the human being,” he said.

Lets calm down, guys. Its obvious from this that he is just a little confused about the biological behavoir of the other creatures on earth.( Which is understandable, sex-ed was virtually non-existant in his day.)

"Now Mr.Pope, I know its easy to get confused in our constantly evolving world, but its important to remember that all creatures fuck ^(^-^)^! In various positions and conditions, some even with the same gender! (Crazy! I know!!!)

So lets all try to remember that our 'special parts' really arent all that special! Theres nothing defining about them, nor is what we choose to do with them. Look outside your window, its all out there."

8. Gold Griffin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Unfortunately, the corruption of Jesus's message began about the time that Paul got ahold of it. Paul was the one who built the organized church, who put the anti-women sentiments in, the only person in the New Testament to condemn homosexuality, among other things.

9. gordilocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    why is anybody surprised? i mean, that's he's a horrible person is kinda old news by now.

10. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    He's a high religious figure who has never had to go through what we've gone through. Of course he feels this way lol

11. SkyDiver

Devil-worshipping, child-molesting, pedophile-defending, Christianity-mocking, dirty hypocrite.

Say awful things about me, and I'll say awful things about you.

This man is the face of nothing good and/or true.

12. plasticcrows

plasticcrows Guest

Why shouldn't he have the right to say this? It's his religion.

13. gordilocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    tbh i wouldn't have a problem if we just abolished the Catholic Church after him saying all this shit

14. IrisM

15. Mykayla

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Should he go around trashing other religions as well then? They're against his religion. How about enforcing the rest of his religion?

"I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man. She must be quiet." (1 Timothy 2:12)

"Wives should be subordinate to their husbands as to the Lord." (Ephesians 5:22)

"Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves." (Leviticus 24:44)

"If any man takes a wife and goes in to her and then turns against her, and charges her with shameful deeds and publicly defames her, and says, ‘I took this woman, but when I came near her, I did not find her a virgin,’ then the girl’s father and her mother shall take and bring out the evidence of the girl’s virginity to the elders of the city at the gate. "And the girl’s father shall say to the elders, ‘I gave my daughter to this man for a wife, but he turned against her; and behold, he has charged her with shameful deeds, saying, "I did not find your daughter a virgin." But this is the evidence of my daughter’s virginity.’ And they shall spread the garment before the elders of the city. "So the elders of that city shall take the man and chastise him, and they shall fine him a hundred shekels of silver and give it to the girl’s father, because he publicly defamed a virgin of Israel. And she shall remain his wife; he cannot divorce her all his days. "But if this charge is true, that the girl was not found a virgin, then they shall bring out the girl to the doorway of her father’s house, and the men of her city shall stone her to death because she has committed an act of folly in Israel, by playing the harlot in her father’s house; thus you shall purge the evil from among you," (Deut. 22:13-21)

But, this isn't even about his religion, he doesn't say that he doesn't like gay people because of religious reasons (being religious reasons does not make them right or acceptable either), he says it's because we are attacking traditional marriage. I'm sorry, wouldn't an attack involve an intent to harm or eradicate it? I don't see anyone here attempting to do that, just trying to have the same rights as everyone else.

Off topic (loosely connected to the topic at hand because it seems it's often the crazy religious ones saying this), but that's one thing I never got about people who say that being LGBT is a choice. Alright, ignoring the fact none of us chose it, if it was, what's that matter? Religion is a choice and it's protected.

16. Gold Griffin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Save for converts, most people are taught their religion as small children, so they never really had a choice.

17. Coyote

My biggest issue with people like the pope or any religious leaders is just that. They're leaders. People look up to them and take what they say seriously - some as verbatim gospel. So when you get people like them saying one thing, then lots of the flock will take it as truth. IMO.

18. Mykayla

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Fair enough, I suppose.

19. giantsteen

The pope has no say in anything. I don't know why people would even listen to him. He's NOT a political figure, and nowhere in the bible does it say anything he is trying to convey. It's just plain stupid. And it sucks even more- he's getting a Twitter :/