1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. justgowithit

Why isn't same-sex marriage legal? Why? I just don't know any good reasons...:icon_sad:

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There really aren't any good reasons.

3. TKM

TKM

Same here makes me so mad and sad at the same time, maybe one day hopefully soon it will be legal,and all the reasons I have heard from people about why they disagree with same sex marriage don't make any sense or can easily be disproved. P.s. like your profile picture hahaha willows the best!

4. SunSparks

Says it all. There really isn't any reasonable explanation. Simply said, people are too closed minded to see what we see.

5. justgowithit

I watched this video recently and it said because then the children won't get a Mother AND a Father...so what? That would also mean no one should divorce and if one dies the Mom/Dad should remarry right away. But no one has thought that stuff since the Stone Age. Besides, what does it matter? Ugh so pissed.

6. TKM

TKM

Ya it's not like it's affecting anybody else that's the thing that bugs me the most! You make total sense that video has me really mad too especially since I was raised by two women,my grandma and my mom, and this video is just ugggghhh:tantrum:

7. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There isn't really a good reason. They see things differently. To them, it goes against everything they believe is good, so they try to stop it. Wouldn't you if you saw something you knew was wrong happening? I'm feeling empathetic today, that's how they see it. I know it's wrong, them, but they don't understand.

Not everyone feels the same way, but alot of people think like that.

8. Fiddledeedee

Yup. The fact that single parents do not have their children removed shows we do not give children the right to a mother and a father, making the mom-and-dad argument invalid.

9. Miz Purple

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I know it pisses me off to because its like other then the religion card name one thing bad that will happen if they allow LGBT to marry? There is nothing just look at the states and countries that have allowed it they are doing just fine nothing has happened , and also who gives the people the right to deny other people happiness based on what they believe , it makes me sick that it's being left up to the states to vote on same sex marriage it's .ike we are salves and straight people get to decide how we live our lives almost like arranged marriages, it's beyond messed up.

10. Mykayla

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Isn't it obvious? It's been told to us many times. We're going to convert every child to be gay and become the majority sexual preference! We will shove the world into another dark ages! We will burn heterosexuals at the stake! Anyone who doesn't agree with us will be put to death! Our beliefs will be forced down everyone's throats!

Oh, wait, something about this seems a bit off. Can you tell what it is?

11. Miz Purple

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    LOL! I needed that , thanks

12. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As already said, there is no valid reason to deny us marriage equality. The thing about kids is so backward. For one, it's been shown on average that kids do just as well with two parents whether they are men, women, or one of each. Secondly, there are lots of kids with gay parents and they deserve married parents since that is generally good for family stability.

There is no valid reason to deny us marriage equality.

13. Byron

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you want something to pass, you have to convince your congressmen/woman that not passing it will cost them their job. in other words, same-sex marriage is illegal because not enough people have convinced their representatives that making it legal is the only way to keep their job come next election season.

14. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Because a lot of people are stupid and/or evil.

15. Pyrotactick

...Okay...I'll go ahead and play devils advocate (sorry guys!). People think same sex marriage should be illegal since there's not really...much of a contribution to the society. What I mean is that same sex marriage people can't have children unless it's a surrogate, which takes more effort than a straight family. A counter argument to that is "The government will entice same sex couples to adopt a child rather than have a surrogate, that way, it'll benefit society and relieve some stress from the adoption system."

There's others, but those are linked to religion, philosophy, and main-stream media...I' not going to go into them, prob cause most people know them. :L

16. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The contribution to society is exactly the same for both gay and straight couples. Remember that we're talking marriage, not ability to have kids. Nothing in the marriage contract says anything about kids. Lots of straight couples get married and don't have kids. Their marriages are just as legal and valuable as those who do have kids. On average, married people are healthier, use less public assistance, have more money to spend on goods and a house which contribute to the tax pool of a community and support schools. Here's a quote from the following article:
    Marriage is a matter of public health | StarTribune.com

17. Emberstone

because if you allow gays to marry, the next thing you know, they will want to marry desk lamps!!!

18. Miz Purple

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Lol! Or if we alow gays to marry all of a sudden the 96% of the population that is straight and have been straight all their lives never attracted to the same sex will wake up one day and realize they are gay and then everyone will be gay and humanity will die out.

19. IrisM

Or mayble with nobody to go "ohmygosh!" and point fingers at they'll turn on the real problem, corporations.

20. Mykayla

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Don't you realize that once gay marriage is allowed, that we'll take over the planet, shove our beliefs down everyone's throats, brainwash the kids, plunge the world into a new dark age and anarchy will reign supreme?

There is no way that I am just exaggerating.