1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ok, so now we're the cause of Noah's Flood

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Emberblaze, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Emberblaze

2. photoguy93

But it doesn't make sense. It ever will make sense. These people are severely mentally unstable. They are so scared of gays that they will use anything. They use the bible because no one wants to grow a pair and say "hey, that's not right. Don't use that!"

However, we can make our point known. We have to be open and helpful to people. This guy isn't necessarily the problem. It's the people who believe him. It doesn't mean that they are bad - they are just messed up. There were plenty of people who loved Hitler and thought he was the greatest. It's a whole mess.

3. Ticklish Fish

quote from comment:
    "8 Then God said to Noah and to his sons with him: 9 "I now establish my covenant with you and with your descendants after you 10 and with every living creature that was with you-the birds, the livestock and all the wild animals, all those that came out of the ark with you-every living creature on earth. 11 I establish my covenant with you: Never again will all life be cut off by the waters of a flood; never again will there be a flood to destroy the earth."

also, how many times in the past 20 years people have used anything as a sign of end times?

4. Emberblaze

Yeah, it sure is a mess. And you're right, it's not the source of the bigotry that's DIRECTLY the problem, it's the masses of people FOLLOWING it.

SO, we take them out, and THEN attack the source >; )

Heh, kidding. But I just wanted to post this for fun because nothing about his claim makes any remote sense and has absolutely NO evidence to back it up. He doesn't even have LIES to back it up. He just made a statement and expected people to believe it (which, some probably will).

Saaaad :eusa_doh:

5. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Speaking of Hitler...These people are stupid enough to really believe that some invisible evil monster wiped out all of his own creation because it was mad that they weren't behaving the way it wanted them to. A paranoid jealous hateful control-freak dictator who exterminates his own people. The Judeo-Christian god is the original Hitler.

Throwing gays into the mix really isn't too much of a stretch. People like Mr. Lively are happy to just make things up as they go along and believe it is the truth.

6. Emberblaze

Heeeey, easy on whatcha say about God wouldja? I'm a firm Christian, so please respect that ^^

7. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to disrespect anyone's beliefs...but I'm just trying to deal with the facts, having read the Bible, is there something incorrect about what I said?

If you believe what the Bible says literally (as many Evangelical Christians like Scott Lively do), then God DID exterminate the entire population of planet earth, no? If we're accepting that as a moral action, then it's entirely consistent that Lively has no problem supporting the "Kill the Gays" bill in Uganda. Mass-executing people one believes to be 'sinful' has a divine precedent.

Beliefs have consequences...if we can't examine the beliefs behind what someone does, we can never figure out how to answer the question of why they do what they do.

8. Emberblaze

Yeah, we all interpret things differently, I know. Life's all about perspective. Heh, I wasn't tryin to put your beliefs down either, I respect what your right and entitlements to your own free will and beliefs ^^

9. Ticklish Fish

hold on, it's still wrong, in a way. or maybe I am derping here.
    In Noah's Arch, Noah merely follow, or told to, or advised, to follow God's instruction so human doesn't wipe out completely.

since when are humans instructed by God for mass extinction?

I am still trying to figure out the logic of God telling "his people" to kill other people over various reasons. I mean, what I am getting now is that he did chose his people to make them follow him, then murder the unchosen ones?

but this is a whole different topic...

10. Emberblaze

Heh, man, I hope this doesn't eventually lead to a religion war. From what i know, according to the Bible (which I'm definitely dusty on): the world was full of immortality, God told noah to build an ark and get the animals adn stuff, but the immoral people in question ridiculed noah for buildin the ark and all that jazz. Then the flood, the the rebuilding of human life.

That's in accordance to the Bible from what I remember. To someone who isn't an avid christrian or wasn't taught christianity as a child or didn't grown up with it, then yes, I can understand how that'd be difficult to believe, and i'm not really trying to convince anyone to believe it, heh, just explainin what the Bible said

11. Mhin

It really doesn't make any sense seriously.

12. Ticklish Fish

LOL. I am iffy with Christianity LOL. because from what I remember, I remember in one of my sunday school, there was a video of recorded mass flooding in some very rural tribes around the world that still talk about it >_>

but the thing is, I watched that video too long ago. and in the video, they thought they find the arch in some frozen place that caused some technology problems and they were like hallelujah when it works for them to record or something... IDK.

I mean, in a way I am questioning if it is local or global flooding, and in a way, maybe the ethic of Christian god sometimes... TOO MANY QUESTIONING AH!

13. Emberblaze

Heh heh yeah I feel you. As a christrian, I don't wanna think too hard on it cuz I don't wanna get on God's bad side obviously. Like I said, it's not the events I focus on, I mean, I dont see how a colossal flood affects me whether it truly happened or not.

I just have a personal God-to-man relationship.
    And of course,heh, i never judge others if they don't believe. :thumbsup:

14. Silverbells000

What the heck.....what aren't we the cause of?!?! I am a catholic and I believe that God loves ever and wouldn't flood the world because of LGBT people...there are some really weird people out there and they are busy writing this kind of stuff.

15. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Well true, God wanted to exterminate everyone except for his own chosen race. In this particular story, only Noah & co were to survive. In other cases he wanted his chosen people of Israel to commit genocide against other peoples to steal their land.

Which is again eerily similar to Adolf Hitler's goal of exterminating people he considered inferior to gain "living space" so that he could repopulate the world with his chosen Aryan race.

16. IrisM

I blame climate change and environmental destruction on logical things like this.

Corporate greed is by far a much more prevalent evil than anything they can even try to make us out to be.

Why Oppose KXL? ยป Tar Sands Blockade

17. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Actually as someone who was raised Christian and very familiar with Biblical stories, I don't just find the story difficult to believe, I personally think that if the story IS true, that it makes God entirely evil and unworthy of worship.

If not gays and the sin of "Sodom", then what was the immorality the led God to exterminate the population of earth? What was it that justified the murder of men, women, and children? Because two men or two women love each other, that means it was justified to murder innocent children?

Don't depersonalize it, think about it...think about the little girl in bed with her teddy bear having a sudden rush of floodwaters smash into her house, suffering in pain while being unable to breathe under the water, and drowning to death, her mother and father and sisters and brothers and family pet in the same house all suffering and dying, all her friends at school and their families sharing the same fate, whole towns wiped out all over the earth...and for what exactly? How could anyone who would send those floodwaters to do that be considered "good" and worthy of worship?

Or do people just worship him and pretend he is "good" because they are afraid he will do the same to them, torture them and make them suffer for all eternity in Hell?

I've found that the most ardent religious believers are those who haven't read their own Bibles and actually thought about what the texts actually mean.

18. Ticklish Fish

LOL, they dont have teddy bears back then, but true on the other part haha

also, i faintly remember a verse about something like fearing god as a cause to worship him is good or something, but idk if the verses mean what the actual hebrew translation meant to mean

19. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As far as I'm aware, crimes against humanity is the most serious charge on the planet. Pity that the world is moving away from capital punishment, as this is one of the few cases where it's warranted.

20. Mogget

In the Rabbinical Jewish tradition the early Rabbis would add all sorts of commentary to the Torah (first five books of the Bible), and I've often seen Christians claim that one of the commenting Rabbis said that one of the sins in the antediluvian period was same-sex marriage. However, I can't find any Jewish sources that confirm this. There are midrashim about bestiality, but I haven't seen any references to homosexuality.

That said, even if there were a midrash saying that same-sex marriage was one of the sins of Noah it a) wouldn't be part of the Christian tradition which rejects the rabbinical interpretation of the Tanach (Old Testament) and b) midrashim are often contradictory as they were part of the centuries-long debate within Rabbinical Judaism that resulted in the Talmud.