1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homosexuality and the Republican Party

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by TheLovelyAudrey, Jan 15, 2013.

1. I have literally saw this and similar topics Locked because of arguments
    so please be respectful.

what do you make of the GOP stance on LGBT sexuality? are you LGBT republican yourself? Do you feel like the GOP is way to homophobic to even consider voting for?

In my opinion the Republican party is way too homophobic with last years Candidate being extremely homophobic.

2. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    Suppose one person says they are republican and everyone else says OH HELL NO OF COURSE I'M NOT A SCUMBAG DIRTY BACKWOODS REDNECK REPUBLICAN.

Ends badly.

Suppose nobody says they are republican and everyone again says OH HELL NO OF COURSE I'M NOT A SCUMBAG DIRTY BACKWOODS REDNECK REPUBLICAN.

Ends predictably with everyone agreeing about why republicans are evil and st00pid and any gay person who could vote for one is clearly damaged.

No, l'm not a republican lol.

3. I'm not sure what to make of your comment .-.

4. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    oh.

5. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

I'm gay and I'm also a republican. Mitt wasn't that homophobic, but the media would have you think otherwise, in reality he only mentioned it a few times. There are many Republicans who support gay rights.

I would much rather have a thriving economy and my constitutional rights and no gay marriage rather than a president who believes he can bypass congress with executive order and rule like a king and still not have gay marriage.

6. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I identify as moderate independent, but have some conservative views. I am staunchly pro-guns, low taxes/spending and states' rights, which are all traditionally opinions of the GOP. Of course I am all for LGBT rights as well, which, along with my pro-choice stance and negative view of religion in government, bring me back towards the middle.

Both extremes have good ideas. Why would anybody limit themselves to one style of thinking when it's not the whole picture?

7. Mykayla

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Is that so?

[YOUTUBE]http://youtu.be/GRN9Y5Nvdqk[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://youtu.be/L6OWvSR9QkA[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://youtu.be/_pmCK0jj0QE[/YOUTUBE]

And that's just a start. Do some research, you can find many other points where he is against gay rights (especially marriage).

I'm not against you being Republican, just so you know, just disagreeing on that point of yours.

EDIT: Sorry, not sure why the videos aren't working.

#7 Mykayla, Jan 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  8. gary1955

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not a republican no! Nooooooo!
    :eusa_doh:

9. castle walls

I could not agree more. In fact, I find it funny that we share almost identical political views.

I am a No Party Preference voter (where I'm from we avoid saying independent to avoid confusion with the American Independent Party). I would vote for a Republican if I believe that they are the best individual for the job and won't strive to achieve a goal that I am strongly against. For example, I wouldn't vote for anyone that is extremely against gay marriage.

I do not vote strictly based on what party the candidate is aligned with. I look at the candidate as an individual and decide from there

10. photoguy93

I am NOT a republican. You must pick a side. You can't vote for both parties! "Yeah, I voted for mitt and Barack!"

Sure, I want a very prosperous economy. I want my rights.

But there's NO WAY I will allow the GOP to have its way. It's like hanging out with the bad crowd. You might do nothing, but you'll still be known for being in that group.

The democrats are not perfect. I know we aren't. But we, as a whole, are fairly open. The GOP? Nope.

"I'm a republican but I support gay rights" is, to me, like saying "I want to help people, but I won't learn CPR."
    I know that people need to change. But the GOP is full of nutjobs. These are the people that would probably love to hang gays. Doesn't mean they all are - but that's where they are.

So I think that the GOP will have to split to be taken seriously. No joke.

11. CharlesFP

limerick PA About 1 hour from Philadelphia
    You hit the nail right on the head. I actualy am a backwoods "scumbag" I live on a farm and I love my guns, but that doesn't mean Im against gay marriage. Obviously.

12. Byron

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I refuse to be shoved into one of two diametrically opposed groups that have views extreme enough to scare me halfway to fleeing the country. I don't vote along party lines, I vote for whomever I believe will make decisions in the next four years (or other term period depending upon the position up for election) that most benefit this country as a whole based upon my educated opinion of what is right for this country.

13. Shiny Espeon

Most of my ideologies align with the Democratic party. However, there are a few things Republicans support that I agree with.

14. Shadowsettler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I won't do it. I've thought about it and I realized that the only serious reason is that conservative christians dominate that side. They want to believe that it's a choice, I just believe they don't want to accept something that is 'different' to their standards. I know they're not all the same, but that is enough to keep me away.

15. SkyDiver

If I was American I would do everything in my power to keep as many Republicans as possible out of office. I want to see the GOP disappear into a dusty history book. At least the GOP as we know it.

16. burg

im just glad i live in new zealand when i see the two choices the us have.but did have a little crush for ron paul .

17. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

I don't know if you have noticed or not but Obama really hasn't done anything for the gay community. Except for that brief moment he said that we should be able to get married so he could get reelected.

18. Mykayla

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    To be clear, I don't necessarily like Obama, just find him the lesser of two evils. I'd much rather see him as president than someone who views LGBT people as if they're a lower class of people.

19. Hexagon

We in the rest of the world live in terror each US election that looks as if the Republican candidate might win. Just saying.

20. SomeNights

You talk as though the presidential vote is the only one that matters. You do realize that there are 3 other branches of government and 3 other levels of government and that in a ideal situation the federal government should have the LEAST impact on your day-to-day life. It's the local government (mayors and city councils) that should have the most impact. IMHO the elastic clause, "necessary and proper", has turned into "because we want to"

Oh and FYI I identify as a republican and support LGBT rights and Gay Marriage. I am also an individual and a responsible voter. Even though I have a republican party affiliation I've never voted a "straight ticket". I usually request an absentee ballot (because I work the polls...haha) and spend lots of time researching each candidate that I vote for.