1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anti-gay rights to stay

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Raliaell, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Raliaell

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  2. Mykayla

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I saw this on Pink News a few minutes ago. Absolutely appalling. If they had had their way back when women were gaining rights, she would not be in office right now and yet she allows them to spread hate towards another group. Simply disgusting.

3. lazyboy

lazyboy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't know... I wonder if those same organizations will find that they are actually shooting themselves in the foot, much the way that the BSA is doing right now? People seem to be slowly cutting off ties with the BSA due to their practises. They'll eventually 'get it'... eventually.

I don't necessarily think 'anti-gay' is here to stay, just slow to leave.

4. Well, these are purely religious organizations we are talking about. If religious organizations want to hire those they feel adhere to the religion in question, I can understand that. I have to side with the PM in this case.

5. mickie newton

Sorry I know schools can have something to do with a religion, but not hospitals. In the UK they wouldn't get away with this. Discrimination is discrimination! In the UK if they are offering a service, such as schools etc, they cannot discriminate in such away. Yes if it's a Catholic school then they can hire Catholic teachers, but it wan't go as far as homosexuality.

Not too long ago a Bed and Breakfast refused to accommodate a gay couple. They said they couldn't share a bed...blah blah blah. It went to court and they didn't get away with it simply because they are offering a service.