1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

“Crazy Trans Woman” Syndrome

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by IrisM, Jan 17, 2013.

1. IrisM

Source: Odofemi - “Crazy Trans Woman” Syndrome

I mean no disrespect towards any Trans-Male here, but....

I feel that the fact that they are so much more accepted by the queer community than Transwomen is pure misogyny through and through. It bothers me, as a woman, as a feminist, as a person, how Transwomen are seen as having taken a step down by society for being female. Like they feel being male is something that people should aspire to and being female should be viewed with disdain.

#1 IrisM, Jan 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  2. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    ITA with the last part of what you said. As far as them actually being more accepted? l'm not sure. But l do think being MTF seems more difficult.

l really don't think one is accepted more than the other by society at large, maybe you're right about within LGBT

#2 OMGWTFBBQ, Jan 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  3. LailaForbidden

Oh my god. I can't take this, I really can't. WTF?! Why is it that minorities are ALWAYS oppressed by other minorities on top of the majority? Or members who face similar struggles? WTF is wrong with us as human beings that we think we have the right to judge others in the same manner that we are judged. WTF. :tantrum: :bang:

4. g4563

g4563 Guest

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    theres no such thing as crazy transwoman syndrome in the medical dictionary

5. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Nah, I'd say society seems to not mind transguys as much as transgirls. I guess you could say it's sexism, but I have a different theory. It's because "totally str8!111!!" guys and "not an l3sbian!!!ONE!" girls are threatened by transgender people being generally better than them while they perceive us as freaks. (Referring to a specific kind of person) The reason it's not tranguys getting this treatment as well is due to us being fucking invisible in the eyes of the public.
    ...Perhaps that last part is kinda sexist, considering that the women go down the social ladder, even after how hard they worked to get there.
    And, hey, g4563? You're right. Crazy Transwoman Syndrome is not in the DMV at all!
    But the article doesn't really describe a mental condition. It's about an attitude.

#5 An Gentleman, Nov 14, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
  6. Well this just negatively impacts my decisions and feelings about talking to a gender therapist now. I hate my life. Fuck earth.

7. TobaccoFlower

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This... is a thing that people really do? I was already feeling emotional but oh my goodness... I second that; F*&# earth.