1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We Need TO Be Seen Working Together!

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by mickie newton, Jan 20, 2013.

1. mickie newton

This is an old news report, but still, I feel, reinvent. Personally I've not experienced anything negative from gay men. But I know it does happen, and to be honest it makes no sense. We're in the same boat and should stand together. It reminds me of another minority I am a part of, Paganism. You always have one group against another, such as Wiccan's against Druids and so forth, and again it makes no sense.

We expect straight people to except us, and yet we can't except one another. Gay men and women against one another and gay women against trans women and I imagine the same happens to trans men and gay men....It's madness!!! :bang:

What we say in Paganism is this, if WE can't been seen as a unit working as one, how can we expect those outside to take us seriously!

Why Lesbians are the butt of gay men's jokes

2. IrisM

We, more than anyone else, know what it's like to be looked down on and treated poorly for who we are. Having learned those lessons, it is all the more important that we do not make others feel the pain and sadness many of us were made to feel.

3. mickie newton

Completely agree IrisM...Doesn't make sense to treat others when we know how it feels.

I can remember reading a letter i a newspaper from a guy who was black. He was getting angry at LGBT people because he said we had no idea what it was like to be persecuted and we shouldn't compare our plight to that of theirs. This guy obviously had no clue of the thousands of gay men and women who are killed every day in other countries. Or even in the West where we can be beaten and abused and also discriminated against. It both hurt and angered me because this came from someone who should know better.

4. RainDreamer

Well, when a person is hurt, it is just normal human reaction to pay attention to their own wound first. When it is painful, that pain will often make people forget about others. After all, they can't feel other's pain. They can only feel their own. It is very easy to be selfish.

I am not defending that act. I just understand how it feel.

5. DoriaN

It's because everyone is all pent up from having to be defensive in the LGBT community that we can even neglect our peers.