1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A cure to Aids?

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Pauline, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Pauline

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  2. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Very interesting. Also news in that article about other AIDS research. I wonder if a solution to AIDS could bring a solution to other viruses. Maybe the haters shoudn't be so mad at us if this brings about a solution to colds and the flu! Not that we caused AIDS, obviously, but they like to ignorantly blame us. On the other hand, what if a solution such as this causes viruses to become more deadly? I guess we and other life forms (viruses in this case) are always fighting for superiority. hmmm :dry:

3. Byron

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So it prevents the viral infection from transitioning from the passive version to the aggressive version.

I forget the technical terminology but some viruses infect the body and do not harm it when they reproduce while others do. HIV is a virus that invades the body while in this passive stage and then becomes active when a response is triggered by the development of certain environment conditions. This vaccine would basically prevent that switch from occurring.

I wonder if it will work though, what with all of the genetic mutations that HIV is known to undertake constantly.

4. Reptillian

What about STDs?

Once that's resolved, then I will have no problem with sexual activities for exercise. Right now, I will only restrict sexual activities for reproduction.

5. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's my understanding the most promising one right now is the one being made at my old university, Western. Least that's my understanding.

6. Caliber

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thats promising :slight_smile:

7. Motov

On my last visit to the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Located in Bethesda, Maryland.
    I had the chance to speak with some people there who were in to find out why they weren't dead from aids. These are people who gotten the virus some 20 years ago, and are not sick today. My guess is they are trying to figure out how their bodies fought against this virus and won.

I go there every now and then for research on Parkinson's.

8. SWAGboy

SWAGboy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Amazing news, I hope that they get more funding!