1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oklahoma pastor: You can’t refrigerate homosexuality like pork, so it is still a sin

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by BradThePug, Jan 28, 2013.

1. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I had to post this.. I laughed at it for about 10 min... while I was in the middle of class.

Some people just don't think about things before they say them.

Oklahoma pastor: You can’t refrigerate homosexuality like pork, so it is still a sin - PinkNews.co.uk

2. Nepenthe

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Re: Oklahoma pastor: You can’t refrigerate homosexuality like pork, so it is still a

LOLWUT??? :roflmao:

3. FranklinK

Re: Oklahoma pastor: You can’t refrigerate homosexuality like pork, so it is still a

Not to be grotesque, but you can refrigerate anything if you have a big enough cooler/freezer. Like in a morgue.... the cold doesn't give a shit about your sexuality.

This is so stupid it's awesome. Just posted it to my FB. Thank you for the share :slight_smile:

4. Romi

I can't even....I just... can't...

[​IMG]

5. Reptillian

This guy should be a comedian...

6. Given To Fly

It's pretty damn cold here right now, if that counts for anything. Technically it's not refridgeration, but hey- every little helps, right? :roflmao:

7. Mykayla

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian

I love this guy. I'm sure your God invented the refrigerator so that eating pork and shellfish is no longer an 'abomination'.

Plus, where I am, it's cold enough to be a fridge.

8. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

This analogy is hilariously flawed. I understand what he's trying to do: pork had to be considered a sin because of the danger of cooking it and preserving it. But now that we have refrigerators, it's okay to eat pork. He imagines that there is nothing making gay sex safe like pork needs to be made safe. This analogy is flawed for two reasons, First, there's not a lot of evidence to suggest that people in biblical times knew that gay or lesbian sex was more unsafe than straight sex. (It's only since the 1970s that we could make that argument). Second, we have condoms, oral dams, and other barriers that make those forms of sex safer.

So what you learned is a) technology trumps the word of God (so sayeth the pastor), and b) condoms are refrigerators.

9. Shiny Espeon

Well, I guess he is right. I mean, after all, the Bible did say that eating pork and shellfish would be abominable until the refrigerator would be invented, and then those would be okay, right? :dry:

10. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I particularly like this part:

“So that’s the problem, they want to pick and choose what they want to have and then to dismiss it as this isn’t what the Bible says, it’s foolishness.”

I find it so hard to believe that they themselves think what they're saying makes sense. I mean.. come on. It's just, no one can actually be that unintelligent to not see the irony of that quote ^

11. Re: Oklahoma pastor: You can’t refrigerate homosexuality like pork, so it is still a

Uhm... what? Why I don't follow most of Leviticus.

[​IMG]

12. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I'm reading the comments and having a blast.

13. SomeNights

:roflmao;
    Romi, agreed:
    [​IMG]

14. Pain

Pain Guest

Not called a sin because of anything to deal with cooking/preserving, otherwise using all meats would be considered sin. Certain animals were considered simply 'unclean' and pig was one of them. So he's like, doubly wrong. Triply wrong. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

15. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

Refrigerator

16. Cthulhu

If we can expand the refrigeration "argument" into the morgue... does that mean the pastor accepts necrophilia?

/sarcasm

17. sunnii

At the risk of sounding prejudiced the title says "Oklahoma pastor" enough is said

18. Ticklish Fish

well, i am a virgin and haven't have hot gay sex, so of course i am cold! :slight_smile:

19. starfish

[​IMG]

20. Dylan

Out Status:
    Some people

Wow. I live in Oklahoma and even though I'm used to hearing this... it's amazingly stupid. Have to laugh!