1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Like Male Breastfeeding

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Pain, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Pain

Pain Guest

Catholic Archbishop of San Francisco: Allowing gays to marry ‘is like legalising male breastfeeding’ - PinkNews.co.uk

What's to legalize about that??? It does indeed happen, where a man can actually produce milk. But it's rare, and not thought of often. I just have to say, "WHAT THE FUCK?" About this. He must have some fetishes, to be so focused on these rare things and gay marriage...

2. Reptillian

Implying he does. Sorry, seen enough implications from both sides (LGBT and the opposers).

3. Eatthechildren

I have no words

4. Emberstone

breast feeding is a natural process; marriage is a 100% social construct.

that doesnt mean I want to see breast feeding personally, be it a man or a women.

5. Minx

Uh... why is male breastfeeding even on the archbishop's mind? :confused: what sites is he surfing late at night?

6. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    lol :lol: lol

7. jargon

Thank you, QueVida, for giving me that laugh :lol:

In other news: I love the tiny pink hat the guy's wearing in his picture in the article! :icon_wink

8. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well guess what, men do breastfeed, and give birth.

9. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

The fact that this guy was recently appointed Archbishop of San Francisco was a pretty clear message from the Catholic Church that they are not giving in one centimetre in their culture wars against equality. It's going to be a bloody fight right to the bitter end.

10. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As long is it's their metaphorical blood, I'm fine with it.

11. HadesReborn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Didn't the Pope just recently bless the woman that is trying to make a law to kill gay people in Uganda, thus pretty much saying he supports it?? I think the Catholic church is making it very clear on where they stand. Makes me wonder why they are so homophobic... What is in the vaults of the Vatican i wonder?

12. FemCasanova

A church that has so many pedophiles in it is bound to have some strange ideas.

Now, I support any person who is a chatolic, and I do not mean to insult anyone, especially since there`s gruff in every religious community, just as in communities that aren`t religious.

But with all the cases lately that`s been revealed, even in chatolic churches here in Norway, I think the Vatikan should look closer at it`s own problems, rather than focus so much on gay rights. For example, let the poor priests get married and have sex, maybe then they won`t get messed up and go for the altar boys. At least then maybe a few less.

In my eyes, the Vatikan doesn`t have the right to say a thing at this point. Again, that goes for the Vatikan and some of it`s official outspoken members, not generally on chatolics. There are supporting and decent chatolics out there, just like there are supportive christians.

Peace

13. Emberstone

There has always been a huge gulf between the vatican, which is a corrupt and evil power structure, and the catholic laypeople, who tends to for the most part be moderate, support lgbt rights, and use birth control (at least in the united states).

the vatican's history is basically one of genocide, political assisinations, blackmail, embezellment, and yes, terrorisem.

14. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Strangely enough last night's The New Normal was about male breastfeeding... any chance he (or someone on staff) read something recently about that upcoming episode and it's the most recent thing he could think of as an example ?

Personally I would think it would be great if he actually made the breastfeeding comment a few weeks back and it got written in to the show as a result :wink:.

15. ForceAndVerve

These people could do with reading that over and over. Honestly...the things that come out with.

Also I think this is relevant:

16. Lewis

Edit:

Deleted post, potentially offensive.

But like others, I have no words for this madness.

#16 Lewis, Jan 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2013