1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tax Straight People

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by SupremeEmperor, Jan 30, 2013.

1. It's not a secret that the average straight guy (with exceptions) thinks he's better than us. He is more moral/a better Christian/going to heaven (the implication is we're not)/(US only- this is the one that really pisses me off) more American. What the hell's up with that? What about being hetero makes him more American? Personally, I think we should test this. Using the most accurate way of measuring civic responsibility-taxes! Oh you're a patriot? Let's see. Henceforth any person self-identifying as or outed as a heterosexual will have to pay a 50% surcharge on all federal taxes. Sounds fair, after all a small price to pay for being THE WORLD'S BIGGEST PATRIOT! Of course what we'll find out is that their "patriotism" is more or less a lie, a smokescreen designed to make them feel good about themselves at everyone else's expense. Actually I think most gay Americans are MORE patriotic than their straight counterparts (after all we stay here when there are quite a few countries that treat us much better). Anyone care to find out?

2. Emberstone

let them have their delusions. ironicly, the bible has only 6 admonisions against gay people, and none came from god. but the bible does have 360 adominsions against heteroseuxal people's sex lives, and those do come from sources attributed to god.

3. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As sucky as it is to find so many hateful people, there are lots of nice heterosexuals too. I know one LGBT person in real life (she's bisexual) and most of my friends are straight. Whilst homophobic people are 99% straight (and not just men, as your post suggests), discriminating back is rude to all the straight people who aren't homophobic. I've experienced transphobia from homosexuals in the past, but it'd be wrong of me to judge all homosexuals because of those people.

Discrimination of any kind is bad.

4. Yogabear

Yogabear Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I have to agree with the above poster that this thread isn't indictive of of the whole populattion. We all to easily like most groups not look at our own flaws. I'm beginning to bitterly see that the LGBTQ community is like all majority vs minority groups that being of devisiveness. See the racial thread preference or ignoring of whether or not you would date a disabled person and other bigotry. Maybe take a step back and realize that hetrosexuals are also fighting for our rights too.

5. Fiddledeedee

I'm not sure I've seen a more ridiculous idea relating to sexuality. Is this heterophobia or something?

6. ForceAndVerve

Taxing straight people and banning love?

I don't think I want you as my supreme emperor.:icon_sad:

7. I feel I should clarify: the above is sarcasm. Taking the arguments too many people use against us and applying them to them.

8. Mykayla

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Oh thank God. I was going to say I found this hilarious but didn't want to offend you if you were serious (though it is crazy).

So, in light of this: :roflmao:

9. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The solution to unfairness is not *more* unfairness, no matter how much we want them to literally put their money where their mouths are. I've never heard of straight people saying gays are un-American, seeing as I bet the proportion of LGBT is near the same level in any given country. The only thing that's unpatriotic here is turning away the huddled masses yearning to breathe free.

10. elietto92

elietto92 Guest

The bible never condemns homsoexuality...what are you talking about?

11. FemCasanova

Probably the part where some man "layeth" with some other man. Which could mean all kinds of things, they probably played Wii or had a fight over a pair of sandals :icon_wink

No, seriously, the bible was written by people who were probably a bit the same like some of those people today, who have opinions here and there about what is right or wrong. Say one or two of the sources behind the bible actually did communicate with God in a way. Try playing the whispering game. One whisper, the other write down what they "hears". You do that in a circle and what you end up with often isn`t remotely like what was whispered :icon_wink

12. I will add something not sarcastic to the conversation: The biblical condemnation against homosexuals came (I think) from then being the time period when men owned their women and all-male relationships would have complicated the chauvinistic status quo. Also this was a time of arranged marriage and having 700 wives just to show off, taking love advice from a time where love was scarce and not a ver pretty thing, is ridiculous.