1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'Family' group to Supreme Court: 'Same-sex couples are not gay'

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Revan, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    'Family' Group To Supreme Court: Same-Sex Couples Are Not Gay | ThinkProgress

So we're just not gay I guess -_-

2. Cthulhu

If this is the best they can come up with, then I can't see how the Supreme Court won't strike down DOMA and Proposition 8.

3. Gen

Gen

Interesting because I am single and still fabulous. ; )

But seriously, it just follows the simple-minded ideal that sexuality is a choice and we choose our 'deviant' lifestyles.

4. Minx

That's just... wait... whaa...

5. Reptillian

Well, technically yeah you can argue that there are some same-sex couples that aren't gay when there are people who marries for other reasons than attraction. Asides, there isn't anyway to put in a law on how to distinguish between homosexual orientation and heterosexual orientation because let's face it, it's a very complicated matter to the point where there are even those who understand that there are more than just gay and straight that don't actually understand it. There are documentaries of sexuality which can be over 150+ pages long and with very different interpretations and even those aren't enough for one to learn what sexuality is really is. If you claim to know sexuality and the likes, you don't really know it.

FYI, I don't claim to know about sexual orientation, sexuality, attraction, etc even though I love looking at sexuality academic materials and thinking about it from a neutral perspective.

#5 Reptillian, Jan 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  6. Shiny Espeon

SO now they are essentially saying that marriage for the sake of marriage is better than allowing same-sex marriage? They must really be getting desperate, then.

7. returning

Is there a facepalm emoticon? I guess this is the best approximation:

:bang::bang:

8. darlig ulv

Just like in Iran, Christians aren't being persecuted because they can worship Allah.

9. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    back when the California case was being argued at the state level, the arguments were similarly stretched and absurd. They really had pretty much nothing to stand on, and even the expert they hired to defend their argument admitted, under cross-examination, that there really was no evidence that gay marriages caused any problems whatsoever.

I wish these ignorant bigots would just go away and mind their own business.

10. SkyDiver

I will take every chance I get to rub it in the faces of these morons when marriage equality is legal nationwide. Such bittersweet justice. I can hardly wait.

11. Metleon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I think this :eusa_doh: is supposed to be the facepalm emote. The :bang: makes it seem like you're really angry more than just disappointed.

And sure gays and lesbians could get into heterosexual relationships just like straight people could get into homosexual relationships. Therefore, I propose a bill that says people can only have same-sex marriages.

12. HadesReborn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    [​IMG]

They act like they are fighting a losing battle, which fills me with hope. Its a weak argument, and yet somehow... i feel like they are/were proud of coming up with it. I wish someone would tell them they didn't find a loophole... they just look stupid.

13. Emberstone

...And the Family Research Council is anti-christian.

don't believe me? there is not a single thing jesus said that the FRC abides by.

Unlike the FRC's statement, mine is factual.

14. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  15. Mykayla

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Then your religion doesn't deserve protection either.

16. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What's so crazy is that religion is protected, but sexuality isn't. I don't know any adult who didn't decide at some time what religion and version of that religion to follow or none at all. It's clear that religion is a choice. Reasonable people recognize that sexuality is not a choice. I'm for religious protections to some extent, but I'm also for sexual orientation protections.

17. Zontar

Ah yes, the "Ahmidinijead" argument.

18. Linthras

Linthras Guest

Also when people vote against SSM they support popular opinion, but when they vote in favor they are controlled by a sinister agenda:
    FRC: Anti-Gay Laws Reflect Public Opinion, Gay Rights Laws Reflect Powerful Gay Lobby | Right Wing Watch

In other news: WBC still fails to understand the separation of church and state and continues to support revisionist history:
    And now this exists: Westboro Baptist's Prop 8 amicus brief - Good As You:: Gay and Lesbian Activism With a Sense of Humor

19. Asari

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They're just rewording things. Oh we don't hate "gay" couples just "same-sex" couples. There is nothing discriminating about that... >.<

20. The Family Research Council thinks Spongebob is a nefarious plot to promote "the homosexual lifestyle" anything they say should just be ignored. We'd all be much happier.