1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What would you do?

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by emthreehearts, Feb 3, 2013.

1. emthreehearts

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    What would you do if in complete confidence you came out to a friend of yours and said you were dating some of the same sex and they threatened to tell the biggest loudmouth in your school.

2. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would ask them why and explain how you feel.

Honestly why do they want to tell someone, do you know?

3. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would break off all contact with that person. That's unethical behavior in the extreme.

4. Minx

I'm probably at the other side of the scale here.

I'd tell them if they told that loudmouth, I'd tell the same loudmouth that my friend has had some questionable experiences themselves.

But that's me. :3

5. FemCasanova

I agree with Minx. I would threathen back, and then tell them that if so much as a word reached the loud-mouth, I would also kick their ass, and cut off all ties, ending the friendship.

And do an omnious stare; "I dare you, a**-wipe". But that`s just me, I get testy when challenged by morons.

:grin:

6. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No point in asking someone fundamentally malicious what their reasoning is.

7. NicoleV96

NicoleV96 Guest

Then I'd tell them they're not a good friend at all. I don't think counter-threatening them will really do any good, but a friend that is going to go tell someone who they know is going to tell someone else is really only asking for trouble. If it was me though, I wouldn't are because I'm really out and about, everyone knows, and if they didn't, I wouldn't care if they did. If it's more of a secretive thing, then I would deny it then. Just say the friend is lying, and it's not true. Or you could just be bold and just say the truth. If it was me though, I would just say, go ahead and tell them, it's not like I care.

8. This is why I personally don't think you should tell anyone until you're completely ready to be out to everyone.

9. Cthulhu

I'd cut all ties with the person and, if I know the person well enough, go the Minx route and threaten to tell that same loudmouth about questionable experiences that person did.

Oh, after that, I would say this:

"Go ahead! Make my day!"

That, or just let the person tell the loudmouth and I tell others that this isn't a reliable person to be friends with.

10. FemCasanova

Sure you don`t want to throw in a "do you feel lucky, punk?" as well?
    :wink:

No, I agree with a previous poster that I was a bit hasty with my response. Violence never solves anything. However, giving him/her a bit of attitude back would be well served. Telling him that you`d make up a juicy story and tell the loud-mouth could scare him off from saying anything. Unfortunately, sometimes you have to fight fire with fire, though not in the violent way. Brains beat brawn most of the time anyways.

:icon_wink

11. Stripe101

They would never see daylight again.