1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homophobics?

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by emthreehearts, Feb 5, 2013.

1. emthreehearts

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So my girlfriend and i were sitting together at lunch with my friends (they and my gf get along perfectly fine) and this group of "popular" guys come over and ask me this : "are you two dating?" we aren't ashamed so we said yes. they then said the following: "What is wrong with you gays shouldn't date. a relationship consists of a guy and a girl.you two should break up." my friend then asked why. they responded saying "if they don't we are going to beat them up." the lunch monitor, in hearing this then came over and asked what was going on. we told her and she looked at the group boys and sent them to the guidance office. Do you think that they were "homophobic" or just assholes?

Sorry for the rant :thumbsup:

2. Homophobic and assholes...

I'm assuming you are also in Middle school. Seems like a really homophobic period of time, and then some people tend to just ignore LGBTQ by high school. Not in all cases, though. Just ignore those ignorant bigots.

3. remainnameless

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yup, Homophobes and assholes for sure. There really isn't anything you can do except stand up for what you know you believe. You seemed to handle it well, so that is good.

Kids like that are just immature, so I wouldn't worry to much over it.

4. DeanIsHome

Like everyone says homophobic assholes, What i never understood about "homophobia" is that The people whoa re homophobic aren't really scared of me they just HATE and cannot accept me.

5. Tiny Catastrophe

Well yeah homophobic assholes would describe them but people your age tend to be more vicious and hateful for no reason.

6. Minx

I've encountered a very scarce few who could actually be called "homophobic."

Those guys at the mall are ignorant assholes, who are probably parrot-ing the adults in their life. :frowning2:

7. Gold Griffin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    A lot of middle schoolers are jerks in general. Being a same-sex couple, you provided them an easy target.

8. News Flash: middle schooler acts like a dick! World shocked! Seriously though, just ignore people like that, easier for everyone in the long term.

9. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Guest

Definitely. People can act so ignorant sometimes. Makes me sick.
    Good for you for standing up to them and being proud of who you are! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

10. Kenaz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Right on! Very professional and not ashamed. Good for you!

11. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's actually fairly mild sounding for middle school homophobia. At that age, kids generally have no idea who they are or what they think about things, and yet don't have the mental capacity to even establish these stances for themselves. They will snap to a view that gets them the most acceptance, whether or not they'll actually believe it when they finish growing their brains.

Take it from me. I pride myself in being fairly smart, but in middle school, I was a blundering idiot who would drown in an intellectual tidepool.

12. Mykayla

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Middle school is filled with assholes. Just ignore them for now. Once they hit high school or the real world, they'll either open their eyes or when they try to voice their hate, they'll likely get it back.

13. photoguy93

They are just jack asses. Homophobic? I mean, it's hard to judge at younger ages. Their parents? They are probably big homohobes.

14. Whiteboymdew

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well... I am glad that you are out at school. Personally I think thats great. I'm glad that the lunch monitor person did something about this. I mean people can be jerks. Also, if anyone threatens you just go see someone you can talk to and someone you can trust. Just be you. (!)

15. mickie newton

Well in my opinion homophobic AND asshole go hand in hand. So on that conclusion and the fact I feel the first of the two is a definite, the later has to be included! :icon_bigg

Any idea what happened afterwards?