1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you know you're straight?

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by SupremeEmperor, Feb 6, 2013.

1. One of the funniest, stupidest and most self-defeating arguments of the anti-gay movement is "You've never tried being with girls (or boys) so how do you know your gay?" I propose an extension of this logic: "You've never been with a boy (or girl) so how do you know you're straight?" I think we should get every priest, every politician, every demented former singer who was briefly famous in the 50s, every last homophobe a suitable boy toy, one night and most of them will (I hope) realize that love is not optional, that we don't chose who to be attracted to, that birth does not decide everyone's gender, and that love transcends all. Or they might remain as anti-gay as ever. Them we kill.

2. Nepenthe

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Agreed that it's a dumb argument. I had to have that same conversation with my dad. The killing part though... No, that's a bit extreme, but I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you were being sarcastic lol.

3. Minx

I disagree with the killing.

Anti-gays would be put to better use; building homes, serving soup kitchens, car crash dummies. :slight_smile:

Efficiency!

4. DeanIsHome

:roflmao: you forgot reproducing more LGBTQ members!

5. Cthulhu

:lol:

6. BudderMC

I don't think it'd work, tbh.

They'd have sex with the same gender, dislike it (likely), then go on to rant about how we're stupid and broken and whatever because we do something that "nobody could ever enjoy".

Or that we're revolting against the sexual norm to cause a stir.

Or something. There's endless possibilities.

7. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have actually used this line frequently. It is possible to have a priori knowledge of one's sexuality.

I don't want to see fine queer warriors--who are rare, by the way--go down over the excessive use of force. There is definitely room for lethal force, even though that's not admitted by the mainstream movement. I do believe in a slightly (though not much) weaker version, which is that cissexism and heterosexism need to be made unsafe. If the hateful began to lose their friends (ostracism), jobs (non-discrimination law), and societal support (no welfare for members of hate groups?) over their bigotry, that would end oppression faster than town hall meetings. All that's needed is to produce a high cost for these kinds of attitudes.

Embarking seriously on a program to problematize cissexism and heterosexism in a way that actually hits people's social connections and livelihood would likely cause violent conflict eventually, which is exactly what we want, because then more decisive measures can be applied with legal justification.

8. Not a bad idea. I'm more of a killer, but this could work to.

9. FemCasanova

Meh.

Their generation is outdated anyways. I don`t believe in changing their minds, I believe in changing the minds of their children, which we are doing, or rather, media is, TV shows like Glee, New Normal, gay idols coming out... All of this is changing the younger generations, making them grow up seeing the world a little differently than their parents.

I put all my faith in the kids. Though, my little brother (6) might need some more time, he called my gf "icky" :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I told him that if he said that again, I`d give him a "cow`s kiss" (translated from Norwegian, it`s a really wet disgusting kiss in the eye, lol)

:grin: