1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Petition to Stop Discrimination

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by EME, Feb 8, 2013.

1. EME

EME

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    It has recently come to my attention that the Obama administration has set forth regulations requiring that domestic abuse screening and counseling services be covered as preventive care, meaning that insurance must pay in full with no copays or deductibles. However, these regulations apply exclusively to women, meaning that male victims that have endured the exact same thing may be expected to pay out of pocket for access to these services. While this is not specifically a gay rights issue, this policy does discriminate against gay men who have been abused by their partners and therefore affects the LGBT community. I've started a petition on Change.org calling on the administration to revise these discriminatory regulations so that these services will be covered for all victims of domestic abuse, regardless of gender. It can be accessed at http://www.change.org/petitions/pre...nation-against-male-victims-of-domestic-abuse. I hope that you will consider signing and sharing it with any friends or family who you feel may be supportive.

2. Doku

Out Status:
    Some people
    Signed it.