1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stupid People are Stupid

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Seanathon, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Seanathon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ok, so my food for thought for the day is stupid people are stupid. Bet you didn't see that one coming. Anyway, the reason for this thread is just how unbelievably STUPID some people are. So only one of my friends knows that I'm gay and she is completely supporting, (it's kind of ironic because she's also gay and it's kind of funny because we dated each other for 3 years).

Anyway, I'm in a government class and we had to write a bill to send to an online e-congress thing that's actually pretty cool. So, my group is writing a bill in favor of gay marriage. After getting to a certain point in the paper I had to come up with 3 positives to society and three negatives. I came up with the three positives quickly because there are so many, but I couldn't come up with any negatives, (because there are none :roflmao:slight_smile:. Anyway, I went to ask some of my friends that don't support gay marriage if they could think of any negative impacts my bill would have on society. Get this, none of them could come up with a single thing. I know, SHOCKER!!! I also asked them why they don't support it and I got a whole plethora of answers including "because it's not between one man and one woman" or "because it goes against nature and morality" or "I don't support it because my parents don't support it" and on the outside I'm like okay, that's cool, that's your opinion, but on the inside I'm totally like :bang:.

Anyway, do you ever get really annoyed with people when they don't have a valid reason for not supporting gay marriage?

2. ForceAndVerve

That. That pisses me off so much. What is wrong with these people? Do they realise how vacant minded they are being. Take a hammer, open their skulls up and you would find only air and cobwebs...

Even worse is people use the same mantra when it comes to voting.

SIGH!

3. AaronG

AaronG Guest

Come visit Maryland, its hypocritical homophobe central. I seriously wanna punch some of these idiots in the face.

Btw I also have a lesbian friend that I dated before I came out, what a coincidence.

4. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That is one of those things people say that's just not true. If someone uses that as an argument then they are either a liar or haven't even done any research.

There have been almost 700 different species of animals found so far that are active in homosexual behavior. That is a simple fact, and I guarantee there are more to come.

-just my two cents

5. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That sound like a cool school project. You should title the bill marriage equality, not gay marriage since it's really not anything but marriage; straight couples are still included just as they are today. Anyway, as you've found, there are no legitimate reasons against marriage equality. You should ask those who say, "I don't support it because my parents don't support it" if they agree with everything their parents think. I'm sure they don't so why do they blindly agree on that subject? Don't be argumentative, but try to get them to think for themselves. Trust me, they won't come up with any valid reason of their own. :icon_wink

You should research how marriage is generally good for society (financial stability, healthier/happier people, stable families raising children etc) and make the case that this applies equally to gay and straight couples. If anyone brings up something about raising kids (not that kids are required for civil marriage), keep in mind that if gay couples decide to have kids, they take it very seriously and they plan and prepare and really want to be parents. What percent of child abuse cases are at the hands of gay parents? I don't know for sure, but I bet it's lower than that of straight parents. Based on that, maybe straight people shouldn't be allowed to get married since they abuse kids more than gay people do. See how crazy that "logic" is? Good luck :thumbsup:

6. FemCasanova

Stupid people don`t piss me off, because I accepted the insane range of human stupidity a long time ago. Humans can be awesome, but also quite hopeless :wink:

7. Hard Candy

Hard Candy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Wow, you're classmates are very illogical, dumb even. In a debate in our class, the team that opposes to gay marriage came up a lot of reasons why they do not agree with it. Some of those people do not even disagree with the idea, but were still able to give some. You're classmates are, wow, just wow.

8. This is why we need a dictatorship (with me as dictator of course).

9. DannyBoi66

Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, England
    So true. I guess some people are really ignorant. :tears: like their brainwashed to think one thing and never change it, no matter how obvious it is.

10. plasticcrows

plasticcrows Guest

I'm annoyed when people can't devise a logical reason for supporting anything. Even if it's something I support.