1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay-Straight Alliances

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Philvanuirle, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Philvanuirle

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

To begin, I would like to say this website has been a massive help for me since I joined last year. On the other hand, I have been trying to create a GSA in my school, but it seems that no teacher is available because of sports coaching or our conservative principal. However, our principal was filed for bullying teachers supposedly, so he placed "No Bullying" signs throughout the schools. In addition, we were the first schools to try out the website known as "Talk About It" where students can anonymously post or send messages to the administration/faculty to solve their personal issues or so on. As a result, I was really hoping to establish GSA in our school, but it's been harsh and rather difficult. I understand this has been quiet long and I appreciate the reader, but I would like to know any opinions or suggestions on creating a concrete foundation of GSA or if I was to write a persuasive essay, what points should I use?

Thank You,
    Bien Espera​

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would like to refer you to this thread.

3. Adarya

That is a really good thread. The only thing I could possibly add is to start a website, especially if you're a technology person. I've been thinking about joining the GSA in high school when I get to it, so I checked out their page on the school website; the first thing I thought was that the GSA website needed some major updating. You said that the one internet source was working well at your school, so why not try it out for the beginning of a GSA?

#3 Adarya, Feb 14, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  4. Philvanuirle

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm a technology person, but creating a website is a whole new world that I really don't know how to create.

5. Include in your essay that GSA will help LGBT teens express who they are and help straight folks support without being outed by friends if that may be the case in your school.