1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alaska Republicans Laugh at Reporter Who Asks About Gay Couples

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Mogget, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Mogget

When asked if the AK GOP would support civil unions for same-sex coupes, the response of the Republican lawmakers was laughter. If you watch the video, they say that they didn't discuss civil unions or similar because they don't care what people do in their bedrooms.

2. Cthulhu

Reporter: What are your thoughts on civil unions for same-sex couples in Alaska?

Alaska Republicans: LOLOLOLOL We don't know what we're doing!

3. AKTodd

Doesn't surprise me I'm afraid. The whole 'we don't want to mess things up with laws' (particularly when the laws in question benefit a group 'we' don't like) is a tried and true conservative tactic.

The government of Alaska is pretty corrupt in any case from what relatives back home have told me over the years.

Todd

4. Emberstone

sometimes, I am forced to abandon reasoning and logic, and come to the mildly offensive blanket statement conclusion that there is something in the water up there that when exposed to for long periods of time, rots your brain out.

5. Cthulhu

It must be to elect this person as governor:

[​IMG]

6. Mogget

Okay, guys, when Sarah Palin was running for governor, and when she was governor, she portrayed herself very differently from how she portrayed herself as a VP candidate. There was a reason she was the most popular governor in the US at the time.

7. Cthulhu

I remember when I went to Alaska while she was governor, while in Juneau, all the tour guide said was, "And that's the governor's house." Not a mention of the governor's name, and nobody on the bus knew who she was at the time. :lol:

8. Mykayla

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You betcha. :wink:

9. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm embarrassed to say I share the same party affiliation and major as her.

I don't think there's a dumber person on earth.

10. Emberstone

Sarah Palin has a grotesque amount of ambition: she wants everything; prestige, wealth, power, wealth, celebrity, wealth, destruction of the middle class, the middle class's wealth...

... and Sarah Palin has no real drive. She pays people big sums to write the books she puts her name on, she rushes to sell reality tv shows for herself and her family, and she jumps at an oppertunity to get paid millions to be a pundit, then spends the entire time mumbling and colloquialising her way through every tv spot she did, further revealing that she doesnt know shit about what is actually going on in the world.

She is the 'Twilight' of politicians: she wants everything, but she doesnt want to do any work.

11. Which is funny because they whine that liberals/Democrats are the ones who don't work.

12. Emberstone

when it come to our politicians, sadly it seems that both sides dont want to do work... palin is just the most insidious becuase she is soo incredibly stupid.

13. Whiteboymdew

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Even if the caucus were to discuss this and bring it up for a vote I dont believe it would even pass out of the house. I mean it MIGHT have a chance in the Senate, but its small. I was going to post this the other day then I decided not too... But I am glad someone else did.

It is one thing to blow off an idea, but its another to laugh at it. I felt like that was disappointing and a legit question to the house leadership. Well, now you know how they feel on this and its not pretty.

44% of Republicans polled believe they should at least recognize civil unions. I feel thats a pretty good number, its a bit better than other states. Also, Independent voters favored marriage equality, I feel like a majority of the independents lean to the right in the state.

14. MerBear

i never liked the republican party itself as a whole.
    this doesn't surprise me one bit.

15. AKTodd

True. Palin actually ran for gov as a reformer against the corruption of the previous good ol boys who were on power. When speaking of corruption I wad thinking of them. There was an investigation around bribes and an oil services company I think and the two bridges to nowhere and guess who owned all the land where one of those bridges would have hit land? The family and friends of the folks pushing for it in Congress. Yeah.

Not that I'm a Palin fan, just that my issues with her are mostly from her national performance.

Todd