1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you get married?

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by gibson234, Feb 18, 2013.

1. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If gay marriage was, is or about to be legal in your country/state would you use it?

Personally I probably will.

2. Minx

It would take a very special person after what I've been through.

So, yes. :slight_smile:

3. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    Nope. l never wanted to. Let the heteros have the meaningless failed marriages lol.

though l should add l'm still on the fence about kids so if there were a benefit for being married and having kids over just the domestic partnership l would want it.

#3 OMGWTFBBQ, Feb 18, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  4. Nyanko

Of course. Even if it's with another woman I do plan on getting married someday. :grin:

To hell with what other people say, I say!

5. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Only if marriage equality is realized throughout the United States. I am banned from marriage otherwise.

6. castle walls

Yes. I would love to get married one day

7. Eatthechildren

Nope. I wouldn't want anything that could trap me with a partner I didn't want to be with.

8. TestingitOut

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Its legal here, and yes, id love to get married! Haha just need to find the right guy...

9. artsyfartsy

I would! (hoping that I would find the right person) :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. All Star

All Star Guest

I definitely will get married, just gotta find the right guy. Any candidates? I'm single. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

Absolutely! I would love to walk down the aisle to marry the girl I love! I want a beautiful wedding. I'm already planning it! :grin:

12. Oddish

Oddish Guest

Nope. I don't see any benefit, maybe besides healthcare benefits if we're married or insurance, but other than that, I'd rather stay in a long-term relationship.

13. Zooombini

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've never particularly wanted to get married... So, no, not really.

14. TARDISDude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I wouldn't... it's legal here but I just never warmed up to the idea of marriage. I'm all for commitment, but I've never felt a desire to get married someday. It would take a lot of convincing from a very special someone.

15. Lewis

I would. But I would have to be in love with somebody so much that I would die for them. I wouldn't just marry someone for the hell of it - unlike most marriages.

16. Gen

Gen

I would love to get married yes, but I would never have a wedding. Even for someone who will probably be very financially stable in the future, I refuse to spend all of this money, and even time, puting on this charade to appease traditional expectations.

If I get married I will already love him to death, and some flashy presentation isnt going to make me love him even more. It almost reminds me those who try to get married to remedy a flawed relationship or unplanned pregnacy. A white cake isnt going to make anything better.

In my opinion, sign the papers, get your married license, and hell, go have a party if you want too. Finding someone truly special is something that should be celebrated, but celebrate it care free and on your own terms. Dont follow this archetype of what is the proper way to declare love for one another. No amount of white, cheesy bands, and bells are going to make either of you more special to one another.

17. I want to share a name with the woman I love (a combo of both of ours), I want us both to have insurance and medical/hospital visitation rights, I want shared bank accounts, and filing taxes together and everything that comes from the legal recognition of our relationship. I also wanna have a big party where everyone we care about comes to celebrate our love and commitment to one another.

So yeah. I wanna get married. Maybe one day we will be able to. But honestly I'd prefer trans* people's rights get trampled on less before I start worrying about marriage laws.

18. redstormrising

Yes. My partner and I plan to get married. I don't want to spend a lifetime calling her my girlfriend, which seems far too impermanent. And I don't really care for partner, either; it seems too businesslike, though at least it doesn't sound nearly as adolescent as girlfriend. She will be my wife, a term that conveys to everyone exactly what her significance is in my life.

19. photoguy93

Totally. I'm kind of traditional in many ways. I want kids and I want to get married. It's not the most important thing to me, as in I can't live with someone or I'm waiting for marriage to have sex. I just know that I want to get married and have that commitment from someone. I don't want to get divorced, but if something really bad happened, then I would have a way out.

20. GreenSkies

GreenSkies Guest

In my community, marriage is expected, and for the longest time I could never figure out why I didn't want to get married even though everyone around me either already was married, or was getting desperate about it. Then I realized that the problem - I was picturing myself marrying a man like everyone expected of me, and that picture just never seemed right in my head. It was actually very distressing. Once I changed the picture in my head to a female partnership, it made sense and I understood why other people wanted to get married. Now, I most definitely want to get married if I meet the right person. Even if it's not legal, I still want to have some kind of commitment ceremony.