1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay widower fighting for death benifits

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by BiWidow, Feb 20, 2013.

1. BiWidow

2. silkfrog1292

Would anyone know the chances of him succeeding in his appeal?

3. Whiteboymdew

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    According to state law he should not receive the benefits because his domestic partnership is not recognized in the state. Do I think he should get them yes. Do I think amendment 2 which was passed in 2004 should be overturned yes.

I believe that this case will move forward because it is regarding domestic partnership benefits and rights under the law. Theres nothing in the marriage amendment about that. Amendment 2 only bans marriage. But like they said that is not the question before the court because the court can't change that law.

I don't see this going through the court system, if it does I would assume they will give the state like 180 days to legalize domestic partnerships or those benefits will go into effect automatically. So, I agree that he shouldn't get them, but do I think its fair of course not. State law is state law... unfortunately

4. This sucks. I really hate the world sometimes.

5. FemCasanova

I think it is hideous that a man who just lost his partner has to enter a war against the system as well. Give him his damned benefits, or his partner back, and stop being turds! That`s my opinion. Gah. Injustice makes me want to throw up on a politician. I won`t out them, but I will throw up on their shoes :frowning2: