1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UK's top cardinal accused of 'inappropriate acts' by four (male) priests

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by LiquidSwords, Feb 24, 2013.

1. LiquidSwords

UK's top cardinal accused of 'inappropriate acts' by priests | World news | The Observer

This guy is the head of the Catholic church in Scotland and has been the most vocal in his opposition to gay marriage in the UK over the past year.

"O'Brien, who is due to retire next month, has been an outspoken opponent of gay rights, condemning homosexuality as immoral, opposing gay adoption, and most recently arguing that same-sex marriages would be "harmful to the physical, mental and spiritual well-being of those involved"."

Basically he's a complete cunt and this news has made my day.

2. Ben

Ben

I once saw this guy give a sermon about tolerance. I refused to shake his hand at the end of it.

3. Mykayla

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Don't be mad at him, he is obviously enlightened enough to realize that two consensual loving adults of the same gender are harmful but being abused is God's will.

Oh, wait, something seems backwards here.

4. Cthulhu

5. ForceAndVerve

One nail at a time, the coffin gets sealed....

6. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'll be interesting to see how this is adjudicated. Although the accusations are documented, they look to be simply documented. It will be interesting to see if any independent witnesses can support the allegations. For my part, I'm going to say I wouldn't be surprised if all of the allegations are true. There seems to also be some evidence that Joseph Ratzinger also was involved in sexual abuse to the extent that he failed to deal with allegations against other church officials in an appropriate, justice-seeking way.

7. FemCasanova

Ehm, a cardinal outspoken against the healthy gay lifestyle now is in trouble for having an abusive unhealthy gay lifestyle? *eye-roll* Why doesn`t this news even please me anymore? I guess it`s just an old page of the same damned book we`ve been reading for years. I am just so sick and tired of people hating parts of themselves and taking it out on everyone else who share the same traits. Self-awareness people, is it really so damned hard to use your mind? Humans are capable of genius, why are there so many morons??

8. It does seem all the outspoken homophobes are secretly doing much worse things sexually than being gay, doesn't it?

9. LiquidSwords

Just seen that he's resigned, I guess the accusations must be true then.

I reckon most people who are celibate for religious reasons are basically in the closet homophobes.

10. Lewis

The irony! :wink: