1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Delaware?

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Whiteboymdew, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Whiteboymdew

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Majority of Delaware voters back gay marriage | Gay News | Washington Blade - America's Leading Gay News Source

Governor Jack Markell has been pretty supportive of Marriage Equality in the past. He signed into law a civil unions bill in June of 2011. This year a marriage bill is expected to be introduced. The legislature comes to town on March 12th.

The only major concern I have is that can this even pass out of committee to get a floor vote? Not all Democrats would be supportive of this and not all supported civil unions. I expect this to get a hearing if introduced.

Could Delaware be the 10th or 11th state to allow same-sex marriage?

http://www.delawareonline.com/artic...ware-s-voters-would-support-same-sex-marriage

2. It's already legal in Maryland and DC, Delaware should pass it, and if not may start feeling area pressure.

3. Incognito10

Delaware also has a lot of "gay friendly" venues and beaches. I would think there are definitely a lot of businesses and locals who would probably support it.