1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Justin Bieber

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dublin Boy, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Singer Justin Bieber has said sorry to fans for a late start at his sold out concert at London's O2 Arena.

Writing on Twitter, he blamed "technical issues" for the 49-minute delay on Monday.

"Last night I was scheduled after 3 opening acts to go on stage at 935 not 830 but because of some technical issues I got on at 10:10," he wrote.

"There is no excuse and I apologise for anyone we upset. However it was great show and I'm proud of that."

Initial reports suggested he was almost two hours late on stage.

"I never have any intent to upset or let anyone down. And I'm not okay with things being exaggerated. Once again sorry for anyone upset," added the singer.

A spokesman for The O2 said promoters have been asked to explain why the pop star was late.

He confirmed refunds would be dealt with by the arena's operators, AEG Live "on a case by case basis dependent on the credibility of the claim".

Continue reading the main story
    HOW WILL JUSTIN'S LATE SHOW AFFECT 'BRAND BIEBER'?

Obviously those people who were there last night are going to have negative feelings towards him, given they had spent a lot of money for tickets and they were waiting a long time for him to turn up - and, in some cases, having to leave before he had even started in order to get their last trains home.

But you have to put it into context. We are talking about one or two shows here from an artist who has performed many shows in the last few years. The significant thing will be how Bieber's team deal with this situation.

Paul Williams, Music Week's head of business analysis

There was confusion over what time Bieber was due on stage, with The O2 saying on Tuesday the 19-year-old was scheduled to appear at 21:30, following performances from three support acts, including Carly Rae Jepsen and Cody Simpson.

Fans who began arriving for the sold-out concert when the doors opened at 18:30 GMT said on Twitter there were boos from some people in the crowd almost an hour before he emerged.

Louise Collier from Bexleyheath, Kent, said she expected Bieber to start "somewhere between 8pm and 9pm".

"I knew there were a couple of support acts, so from experience, I expected him to be on stage about 9pm," she said.

Mrs Collier took her daughter to the concert for her birthday. She paid £120 for two tickets but said: "There's no way I would have let her go if I knew it was going to be that late."

"She enjoyed it - but a definite shine has been taken off it and if she wants to see him again, she will have to save up and pay for the tickets herself as I won't be paying.

"My daughter was very disappointed as he played a much shorter set and there was obviously an awful lot of songs missing. I think he was on stage for only an hour."

It is not the first time Bieber has appeared late on stage - he kept fans in Nottingham waiting for an hour on Saturday, eventually beginning his show at 22:00 and ending at 23:40.

As fans waited for Bieber to arrive on stage at The O2 on Monday, the arena's house disc jockey played a selection of songs.

Speaking outside the venue, one fan said: "They were playing Michael Jackson song, after song, after song - it was so annoying.

"Everyone was on edge and as more time passed, everyone was getting more worried and booing."

2. BudderMC

Strictly speaking stereotypes:

Who the hell expected Bieber fans to appreciate Michael Jackson?

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    :lol::lol:

I know right?? You would think that they would've had some back up music ready if something like this happened. I guess they will now though.

4. Minx

:eusa_eh: This is gonna fuel my planned topic for tomorrow. :lol:

5. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Do tell :slight_smile:

6. DoriaN

Like he's the first artist to be late for a show.

*shock*

7. A 49 minute delay? That's nothing for a live performance. Probably considered early inside the music world. Justin fans need to grow a pair.

8. therunawaybff

Who is this kid again?