1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Woman arrested for beating son after catching him having sex with another male

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Chip, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A woman in Texas is arrested after beating her 15 year old son with an electrical cord so badly that it caused internal injuries... because she caught him having oral sex with an 18 year old man.

She still doesn't understand that what she did was wrong, and is fighting the charges.

At least this sort of thing now causes outrage instead of understanding among most people.

2. 461 467

Personally, I don't think it is right for the media to publicize that much information. They basically told us exactly what the woman's son did, sexually, and with whom. Now everyone that knows the 15 year old is going to know exactly what happened.

3. FemCasanova

Everyone in the area who knows him will already know what happened due to the trial, the kid ending up in the hospital, and the mother seems unashamed of what she did, and probably will explain it to anyone who might give her some understanding. At least that`s were it is like where I am from (where I grew up, not in the capital where I live), there if anything like this was to happen, the whole town would know exactly what in a very short time.

Sad story, I really hope the woman serves time, and glad it is actually causing reaction and outrage! Another example why LGBT issues need to move forward, to leave incidents like this in what might be known as the LGBT dark ages. All the bad publicity caused by people like her is helping the cause as people get their eyes open for what homophobia leads to, though I feel really bad for the poor kid, and hope he recovers well :icon_sad:

4. TheUglyBarnacle

What is wrong with these people? :O It's friggin' 2013 and they live in a developed country.

[​IMG]

5. therunawaybff

Stories like this are why I get a little frustrated sometimes with out LGBT people who insist that it's safe (and obligatory to the "cause") for everyone to come out.

Some people in some parts of the "civilized" world are still in very real danger of this kind of thing, or worse. This happened not far from where I currently live (like, the next town over).

I like to think that my dad is not the type that would do something like this, but there are times I wonder.

#5 therunawaybff, Mar 8, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  6. Music Heals

The poor boy, I really hope his mom gets into some serious trouble for this. Why on earth would it ever be ok to beat your son up like that??

7. This was a tragedy and most certainly not the norm. But I am afraid you are right.

8. J Snow

Am I the only one that read the quote of the police officer? That is by far the most offensive part of this whole article. You call in a cop to report a case of abuse and the police officer just says "between you and me I would have shot the kid." Goddamn we need some accountability for police in this country... I'm genuinely pissed.

9. Minx

The poor guy. :frowning2:

I've been through some f*cked up shit in my life, but to have such a moment be focal and ingrained AND publicized at such a young age. I wouldn't know how to cope.

Damn.

10. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am very glad that Child Protective Services are involved, and I do hope to see her imprisoned. That would be an extremely good thing. If they can't manage that, she does need to be emancipated at the very least.

I find it extremely distressing that it's even a debate anymore whether hitting your child is ever okay.

11. Clowstar

i'm not endorsing this, but i think a parent has the right to discipline a child for doing something "wrong". i don't think homosexuality is wrong at all. but disciplining a homosexual act should be a conversation why it's "wrong"/a scolding, maybe a grounding or a single spanking. when it goes on for MONTHS, it is definitely abuse.

and she doesn't even realize it's abuse? i hope the kid can get away from her or she gets locked up. that's just sick.

12. CountessAbby

What a sick and tragic story. That is abuse. This is not just a story of homosexuality. Would it be any different if a father caught his young girl having sex with a boy and he beat her? Its a teen engaging in sex...and an irate irrational and abusive parent. Not unique to the gay world. Abusive parents always have some excuse....finding your child engaging in sex? Happens more then we think. I witnessed a friend in highschool get beaten to a pulp by her father because she was found with her boyfriend after curfew necking. He was never charged...never anything done. Not reported by anyone including me since I was scared to death and only 14. This woman should not be allowed to even see her children if she is that irrational and evil.

13. J Snow

Well disciplining is of course a necessity, but physical punishment is not. Now, I was spanked as a kid and was raised being told that some physical punishment was necessary to raising a child properly. Now being a psychology major I have seen via research findings that this is contrary to all the known findings. Spanking teaches kids that when someone does something you don't like the answer is to resort to violence. Not only that but it is most often turned to for the parent's own relief rather than the behavior modification of the child. Usually it is engaged in when they are sick of arguing with a kid, and just are too exhausted to deal with more appropriate and effective means of punishment.

What more, all evidence shows that positive reinforcement is far FAR more effective than positive punishment and much better at conditioning an individual's behavior.

14. darlig ulv

My only question is why it was with his cousin.

15. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree. I saw that in the original story... but sort of shrugged it off because that sort of bigotry is unfortunately the rule rather than the exception among law enforcement in the US. As far as I know, there are a few enlightened agencies that have made it a top priority to educate their officers about sensitivity and non-discrimination, but that's far from common among the rank-and-file officers out in the field.

16. Cthulhu

Yeah, that cop quote was distressing.

17. redstormrising

according to the police chief, the conversation was recorded and the officer did not say what the woman claimed he said. of course, take that with a grain of salt :dry:

18. AspieXLDS

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hmm, and who has access to said recordings and can change them if necessary? Especially in today's digital age, and a simple 'slip' would destroy the original, thus making any forgery the 'only copy'. Not trying to sound paranoid, but with how cops are in general, especially towards minorities....

19. RainbowMan

I'll believe that when I hear the recording of the conversation.

But I really hope that the police chief is telling the truth.

20. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Part of me wants to be in law enforcement just so I can not be "that" person. But, just as military service has enticed me as a violence-loving supporter of human rights, I must return to reality, which says that the law =/= human rights, and the culture of law enforcement =/= the feminist loveliness that I would require from my coworkers.