1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Fallon Fox, MMA Fighter, Comes Out As Transgender

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by BradThePug, Mar 8, 2013.

1. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    More here.

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think this is important and wonderful. We need our fighters to be queer. And fighting needs to be queered.

3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    At least Fallon is a fairly gender-neutral name, so she can get away with keeping it.

Having openly LGBT fighters is pretty cool, though. Especially because how many people are going to want to mess with somebody whose main source of income is inflicting pain? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. FemCasanova

:lol:

Good point.

I think the transophobes would think twice before messing with her :icon_wink

5. Sinopaa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She will help a lot of young women out there have a role model to look up to. However, I do share her concerns. Not everyone wants to have the role of advocacy forced upon them. And her being forced out of the closet really troubles me. Hopefully she can be a success story for us and not of another casualty. The article states that she has gone through so much suffering with her parents rejection, so I'm sure this new level of dysphoria is weighing heavily on her mind.

This part really struck close to home for me though:

"She tells Zeigler she underwent gender reassignment surgery (along with the supplemental hormonal therapy) six years ago, several years after her father -- who was convinced she was a confused gay man -- put her in conversion therapy where, she notes, she was treated by a reparative therapist who tried to convince her that she was, in fact, gay so that he could turn her into a heterosexual man."

:icon_sad:

6. Seems every sport is getting its own LGBT athlete.