1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News 2 Found Guilty in Stubenville Rape Case

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by BradThePug, Mar 17, 2013.

1. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't know if anybody else here has been following this, but this has all taken place not too far away from my hometown. I hope that the others involved get convicted as well.

More here

2. Nyanko

I read that this morning! I was like...NOW they wanna start crying and saying sorry? They should've thought about the consequences of what they were doing before they started being "cool " and "funny." I get so annoyed when people apologize and act remorseful when they don't really care about what happened to the other person/people, they only care about themselves.

Hopefully the others get the same treatment. Stuff like that isn't funny, no matter how drunk you are.

3. gordilocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    that one only got sentenced to a year a fucking disgusting
    & that he started crying is hilarious

4. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What I find even more despicable than the fact that these two kids did this is the fact that CNN aired people crying crocodile tears for the perps. Yes, the lives of these rapists may well be ruined, but that's how the cards fall sometimes. I imagine that both of these people will have a very hard time finding a job now, since this will be a part of their criminal backgrounds.

5. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Knowing the Juvenile justice system here in Ohio, it a miracle that they even got a conviction.

Hell, we sometimes don't even get drug convictions in juvenile court and those are the obvious ones... (Like the have the drugs in evidence..)

6. UGH. this stuff makes me so mad.

They got a year. A year and a spot on the list of registered sex offenders (but maybe won't even be listed as rapists).

And that girl got raped. She got shamed. She got a whole bunch of people (adult people!) telling her it was her fault and that she should have stopped it and that she should keep quiet to not 'ruin the lives of these boys'. No thought to what this has done to her and her family, just don't bring the football players into it!

And it's not just Stubenville. This is a huge problem in our athletics. All kinds of sexual assault happens all the time and so much of it is around sports teams, and people cover it up so that we can keep our favorite teams out of trouble. (Penn State, Notre Dame, anyone?) It happens all over.

And people actually believe we don't need feminism anymore...

7. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What would have been the appropriate restorative justice response?

8. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't really understand why this case is getting so much attention.