1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Arizona anti-trans bathroom bill

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Fugs, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  2. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    NO! Not another one of these stupid bathroom bills! Why can't we just pee in peace! Do they even realize the danger of a trans woman going into a men's bathroom?? That's how people get raped and murdered! :tantrum: :***:

3. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is extremely bad. I want to again point out that never ever has concern been voiced about sexual assault of ciswomen by ciswomen in the women's bathroom. That means that all the concern around sexual assault or harassment is just disingenuous.

4. Ridiculous

Bathroom usage rules are possibly the most fucking stupid things I've ever heard of. I don't know why we even need segregated bathrooms, they should just be unisex. If someone wants to assault someone in a bathroom a little stick figure on the door isn't going to stop them.

I would feel much more comfortable using public bathrooms if they were just unisex, and I'm not even trans. I've always found the whole situation weird and hate using them.

5. Unknown5

Unknown5 Guest

Why do they have to be so bigoted

6. PurpleRain

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not only that, but to my knowledge there has NEVER been a case of a trans* person assaulting a cisperson in the restroom! I've researched it, but if I missed a case someone please tell me. This makes me so angry. Forget the fact that hormones cause us to be every bit as much of a woman as a ciswoman, even in fat distribution and MUSCLE MASS (which we should really be thinking about before sending a trans* woman into a men's restroom where they could be easily overpowered), but if we have a penis, which in cases of people on hormones means it's decreased significantly in size, no longer produces sperm, and givesus an extreme loss of sex drive, we can't go into out gender appropriate restrooms! It makes me want to throw things! :***:

7. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Even when I was young (before I was a teenager, I think), I thought separate restrooms seemed stupid. But that was the way things were done, and I accepted it as a teenager/young adult.

Then, in the last year or so of my mother's life, she had some mobility issues, and the rest room issue became a :***: nightmare. At times, I didn't feel comfortable sending her alone into the women's room, but going with her could have created discomfort for the other women.

Past that, there is the issue of children. At some point, it's expected they'll use the "sex correct" restroom. But that age may easily come before the child will be able to take care of him or herself. It's not uncommon to see a parent waiting for a child, and have a worried expression as they wait.

8. Incognito10

When I enter a restroom, there is only one thing on my mind, and that is to relieve myself. I could not care less if a trans individual was in the restroom as well.

9. Convoy

I've been in some scarey ass bathrooms, and to be honest I think this bill is ridiculous. Like any of that junk is important anyways, it just gives the public another way to discriminate against trans people; anything bad that is going to go down is going to go down.

Does anyone seriously think that rapist's in women's bathrooms were afraid to go in because they weren't women? No, and if you think that you've got something wrong in your head, it clearly isn't backed by facts.

Saying drug deals are illegal doesn't stop them; all they're doing is making more criminals and in the process increasing resentment towards the system.

10. Niko

11. PurpleRain

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with you, Niko.

12. LANWTT

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    That is so so dumb! Who really pays that much attention when they are using the bathroom? I go in, take care of business, and leave. I couldn't care less who is in there with me! My question is how do people who are uncomfortable with this even know? The couple of people I know who are transgender, you wouldn't know by just looking at them. Just completely sick and wrong!

13. RainDreamer

What now. Are they going to strip search us everytime we have to go to the bathroom? Goodness.

14. photoguy93

I do smell some bigots. At first, I thought "oh, well....can't be that bad."

Then, of course, I read exactly what it was about (I first thought it might have been like, getting rid of those once in a blue moon family bathroom things. I was like - ok then?)

After reading about it, though... it's pathetic. Are they going to hire someone to sit and check birth certificates? "I know you ate that enchilada and need to shit, but show me your papers."

We need so much more education in this country. I can't even begin to list it.

15. wilted

A part of Arizona where it actually snows!
    I'm embarrassed to live in Arizona. So many laws in Arizona are completely unconstitutional! I have no idea how the lawmakers get away with this. It literally makes me sick!

16. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I'm going to throw up.

17. Aubu

Out Status:
    A few people
    Why does it matter the gender pedophiles are exposing their children to? :bang: I just had to ask that because it was irking me!

What I really wanted to touch on was this quote:
    It reminded me of this story from few years ago a woman attacked a trans woman for coming in the dressing room because it was part of her beliefs. Sad thing was she had a lot of support. Macy's Worker Fired For Challenging Transgender Teen In Changing Room - Careers Articles

---------- Post added 20th Mar 2013 at 08:13 PM ----------

I had a mind fart because it's not the pedophiles that are exposing their children, but children who pedophiles are exposing themselves to. :eusa_doh: Sorry.

18. Monocle

Out Status:
    Some people
    Ahh, ye olde "anyone with a penis is an incorrigible rapist" schtick. Ugh, and not just that, I'm sick of seeing transphobia EVERYWHERE... I don't like to think that people around me are that stupid or hateful, but then something like this comes along and shatters my rose colored glasses. The other day a man was saying that he was "only trying to protect his wife and daughters" - like, wtf? Protect them by being a jerk to ladies and gents (regardless of their physical sex) just trying to do their business in the bathroom?!

19. Whiteboymdew

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I dont know what bill number even is and I can't find it. So irritating

20. redstormrising

It's a proposed strike-everything amendment to SB 1432

SB1432 - 511R - House Bill Summary