1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Gareth Thomas: "I've never stopped loving my wife"

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dublin Boy, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Gareth Thomas' starring role on Dancing On Ice is a far cry from his 20-year career as an internatonal rugby player. In fact, his whole life is very different from seven years ago, when he was at the height of his profession.

Back then, Gareth, 38, was a Welsh rugby icon and married to his childhood sweetheart Jemma. Yet, he was desperately miserable as, for many years, he had been hiding a deep secret.

In 2006, after years of living a lie, Gareth came out as gay.

"I was too afraid to share my secret with anyone,' he confesses.

Gareth has previously admitted to feeling suicidal while struggling to accept his sexuality, and has confessed that telling his parents, Barry and Yvonne, was one of the hardest things he had to do.

Tougher still was the day he sat down and told Jemma that he was gay.

"When I did steel myself to confess the truth, it was her forgiveness and understanding that reinforced why I loved her so much.

"I knew this was the end of the road. Not that either of us has ever stopped loving the other. Love isn't a tap you suddenly turn off."

In time, Jemma moved to Spain where nobody knew her or her story and, sadly, she and Gareth couldn't hold on to a friendship.

"We're not in each other's lives anymore. We don't talk," he confesses sadly.

Gareth Thomas: "I've never stopped loving my wife" - Gossip Goddess News - Reveal

2. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Is it a different kind of love though?

3. AtticusJohn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Did he love her or was it a fondness of sorts?