1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Health Risks for Bisexuals

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by LailaForbidden, Mar 23, 2013.

1. LailaForbidden

Welp, I think i'm going to throw up now... or maybe cry... or maybe both. Also, it kinda pisses me off that bisexual men are STILL lumped in with gay men. How come just the women are being singled out and studied? Stupid :***: double standard :***:

Health Concerns for Bisexuals | Brown University Health Education

(sorry I can't quote from this device...)

EDIT: Also, sorry if this isn't the correct place for this...

2. BudderMC

Statistically, there's more bisexual women than bisexual men, because women are typically more sexually fluid ("erotically plastic") than men. That's probably why women are being studied - easier to find in an otherwise really small sample size.

For what it's worth, in nearly any other sexuality study, most often it's the men who get studied because it's easier to find "straight" or "gay" men (vs. women).

3. Hexagon

Yeah, I get this all the time - I typically describe myself as bisexual IRL, and everyone is really surprised, and most have never met a bisexual man before.

4. PinkFluff

Bisexuality= Alcohol Abuse.

What.

5. Ardelia

Ardelia Guest

Lamest ''report'' I have ever read. Being this stupid, and in power to show your research to the world should be illegal.:bang:

6. RainDreamer

I didn't find anything offensive from that. They were just presenting things in matter-of-fact from a report conduct by a pro-LGBT organization - The National Gay and Lesbian Task Force. They find a trend were bisexual woman might have such characteristic, so they are trying to actively giving help.

7. Bebop

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ^ yeah I can't see what would be offensive from that either. Can't talk for the validity of the results as I haven't seen the studies, but presenting information of groups with higher risks in certain areas allows for programs to be targeted to find out why and reduce them.

8. LailaForbidden

I also did not find anything offensive about the report itself. I think they were just shedding light on the issues bisexuals have to face due to discrimination.

9. Metleon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yeah pretty sure it's stuff like this and general bigotry that's causing all the mental issues.