1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Gay NFL player reportedly considering coming out soon.

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Stridenttube, Mar 25, 2013.

1. The Dude

Yes...I can't wait for this to happen.

If he comes out before me, I'm coming out to my masculine friends with him. And then I'll draft him first round in fantasy football next year.

2. Incognito10

Coming out is necessary to change the atmosphere, or perceived atmosphere of homophobia in the NFL. Maybe I am just being too optimistic, but I believe most (society) is really evolving and learning that if someone can do a job (or play a sport), that is what matters, not the individuals orientation.

3. RainbowMan

I'd like to think the same, but it really depends on what team and in what area this person is. If they're in a heavily conservative area (think the Saints or something similar), then I'd be afraid, as the article states, not for what the team would do to him, but what the fans would do to him.

I'm not 100% certain he'd be able to continue his career after coming out, no matter how much he might like to. This is the sad reality that we live in.