1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Poll: Ohio reverses on gay marriage

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Dan82

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/03/gay-marriage-ohio-poll-89290.html

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is really great to see! Right now, there is a push to get signatures to put marriage equality on the ballot. I really hope that this trend continues.

3. boysdontcry

That's great progress for a state that usually leans conservative! Let's hope this gets Ohio somewhere better.

4. BornInTexas

I hope every other state sees this. Lead by example, Ohio. Good job. =:slight_smile:

5. Whiteboymdew

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I know that the support for the freedom to marry is changing and it is getting more and more support, but I can't see that in Ohio because I feel like its a state that is a swing. I mean the only way I could see this working is if all the democrats in the state support it which I know thats not the case. Not all Democrat voters support the freedom to marry, but its also fair to say not all Republican voters feel that way and of course there is independents. So maybe it could be 54%, but I feel like thats a bit high

6. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's good :slight_smile: I hope things work out, I'll definitely be voting for it.

7. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Things have changed a lot here in Ohio. Even in my hometown (which is located in a REALLY republican area) people have been saying that they support marriage equality. This is a massive change. Other than family members, very few people in my hometown supported marriage equality before.

I also feel like marriage equality is getting more support around here because we put the religious freedom part in too. So, only churches that want to have same-sex marriages can do them. I think that this has more people on board as well.

8. Whiteboymdew

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Right, I suppose that makes sense. I guess they are still trying to get this on the ballot for 2014. I think they would honestly be better off if they waited until 2016. I feel like the turnout would be better. I mean yet again John Kasich (R-OH) who is Governor is not very well liked so maybe this is a good time.

However, they might not have to go to the ballot again because of the Supreme Court might strike all the bans.

9. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not very well liked is an understatement...

Yeah, the main downside about this is if the Supreme Court decision changes things.

10. Cthulhu

It's beginning to look like 2013 is the year the LGBT community shines! :slight_smile: