1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Sen. Claire McCaskill Endorses Marriage Equality

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Rakkaus, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Senator Claire McCaskill: And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love. I Corinthians 13

Now within a 24-hour period we have two moderate Democrats from Southern states (McCaskill and Sen. Mark Warner) endorsing marriage equality. Missouri is a conservative Southern state that voted for Romney comfortably, but McCaskill was re-elected in a landslide last year over staunchly anti-gay social conservative Republican Todd Akin, best known for his "legitimate rape" remarks.

Support for marriage equality really is reaching a critical mass! :icon_bigg

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is great to see!

3. Whiteboymdew

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have always liked her and I have always felt for her. I mean she was elected in 2006 and she comes from a republican leaning state. I mean, she cosponsored ENDA and I mean I guess she feels more comfortable now knowing she won her 2nd term and its safe to evolve of you will.

4. Shiny Espeon

Thank you, Claire! I knew voting for you was a good idea. (Especially considering her competition was Todd Akin)

5. Hexagon

Sounds like progress :slight_smile: