1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Church of England clergyman: ‘Lord Carey should get over his obsession with gay sex’

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Beware Of You, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Beware Of You

2. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Re: Church of England clergyman: ‘Lord Carey should get over his obsession with gay s

I always thought he was in the closet myself :slight_smile:

3. Beware Of You

Re: Church of England clergyman: ‘Lord Carey should get over his obsession with gay s

Probably, his obsession does fit in to that study into homophobia and repressed homosexuality doesn't it.

He is seriously obsessed about gay guys. Its no surprise that the only paper who runs his column is the Daily Fail either

4. Re: Church of England clergyman: ‘Lord Carey should get over his obsession with gay s

Same here. Good on the Anglicans!

5. Aldrick

Maybe that's because the Church of England is too intertwined in the politics of the British Government. Nah, that couldn't be it, could it? I mean, we all know how hard the Church of England is lobbying to have it's favorable status in the British Government revoked, right? Oh... wait.

Well, you know what they say Bishop - you lay down with dogs, you get up with fleas. Or, perhaps you should have listened to your supposed savior, "Give back to Caesar what is Caesar's and to God what is God's."

If you want to perform your churches mission without influence from the politicians, then get out of government, embrace secularism, and help build a wall of separation between church and state. But you won't do that, because we know how much you enjoy your privileged positions.

Of course, it seems the people have already spoken. With luck and time, your influence will dwindle away to nothing, until you're nothing more than a historic relic from the past.

At least some members of your organization have some sense, and therefore deserve some measure of respect.

6. Beware Of You

I know, there are some good Anglicans, I have on occasion attended church since I know most of them are tolerant and since I know another gay guy who goes as well.

7. bre16017

You know, a lot of these people are stuck in the past and with their old-fashioned views because they ARE old fashioned.

It's difficult to change one's views. I am sure we all have prejudices that in a few decades time will be looked at with the horror we view homophobia.

The best we can really hope for is to accept that some people will have these views, but they acknowledge they are no longer relevant and shut the heck up about it.

8. Hexagon

Personally, I'm just waiting for the homophobes to die. It may take a while, but as far as I know, acceptance of gay people is higher among young people, as is secularism and atheism.