1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

15 Year Old Boy Shot and Killed in Class Because He Was Gay

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by JSG, Mar 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JSG

JSG Guest

Link

OMG !!!
    I can't believe this !! It makes me so sick to know this is happening :bang:
    I hope he rots in prison.
    The Gay, Lesbian, and Straight Education Network are holding their annual "Day of Silence" in memory of King on April 25.

2. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is horrible, but it also goes beyond simple intolerance. To think that it's OK to bring a gun to school and shoot someone just because you don't like them? WTF?

3. smilealways

smilealways Guest

Yeah, there are so many mad people these days. Someone in Japan killed a person at the trainstation because he couldnt get in to the university he wanted to go to.
    I cant understand why people commit crime for such a stupid reason.

4. ErikPinkLovesU

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This is so horrible omg. Why would someone throw their whole life away to rot in prison becuase a guy dressed like a girl? its horrible!!! I greave for the family of this boy (the one who got shot, not the jackass who did it)

5. kiddo

It's nothing unheard of now.
    I'd honestly rather not come out at school.

6. Zak

Zak

You just heard about this???? I herd it bout a week ago!

N E wayz...

Yeah, it makes me sick, you shoot a kid because he is gay.....GET THE FUCK OVER IT AND MOVE ON WITH YOUR LIFE...NO NEED TO RUIN ANOTHER KID'S!

7. sdc91

I heard about it a around a month ago . . .

Yeah, this shows the failure of our schools in a lot of ways.

8. Tim

Tim

Yea, it's horrible, isn't this day of silence dedicated to him?

Just shows how much of a failure the teachers are in that school. (no offense, but seriously)

9. Hepcat

Truely sickening. Schools are usually some of the most homophobic places, in my opinion. It's so sad, I think more should be done to encourage acceptance in schools, but I guess that's not going to happen anytime soon. :icon_sad:

10. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I first heard about this, I was in shock. I couldn't believe what I heard but then again, I could. Humans are so cruel to one another just for not being "normal" or the same as they are. It's such a shame this young life had to be taken away for ignorance and stupidity. All he was doing was being himself. This isn't the first time something like that has happened, and sadly, I don't think this will be the last time. :icon_sad:

11. Zak

Zak

I saw this on Elen Degeneres....however you spell her name! It was on for like 2 mins...but very very sad!

12. STK

STK Guest

I hope the guy who did that gets his ass raped in prison. Anybody who kills somebody for being gay deserves to be tortured for life.

#12 STK, Mar 30, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2008
  13. JSG

JSG Guest

Well, I'm sure this guy will be on a steady diet of cock in jail.

14. Mick

Mick Guest

That is messed up. Yeah I hope that guy really suffers in jail. Wow and the person who got shot and killed was Larry King. I wonder if he was aware of the Larry King on CNN.

15. Cheese Love

The Lawrence King story is incredibly sad...

Story for you:
    Last year at my high school, a FAKE gun threat got called in. Zero actual violence. The cops, fire dept, swat time, *National News* as well as local news showed up.
    It was a scary thing and deserved a reaction from police, obviously...

But I never hear what happened to Lawrence King classified as "school shooting". The CNN website has one story, that being the one right after it happened with no details about why it happened..
    A fifteen year old boy is dead :frowning2:

Not so much recently, but Ellen Degeneres has for the most part been fairly conservitive in regards to sexuality on her show. She spent a few mintutes talking about the shooting. How often is it that Ellen has to make personal announcements like that? She shouldn't have to.

#15 Cheese Love, Mar 30, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2008
  16. Cheese Love

Sorry.../rant

17. wantout16

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    :roflmao:

18. Steam Giant

Such a terrible story ; ;

One aspect of this confuses me:

The additional punishment for it being a hate crime doesn't seem to scale with the crime committed. Life +3 years?

Regardless, no punishment is severe enough for this 14 year old. I really, really hope he gets life in prison...I've always felt that death is far more lenient of a sentence than life. I know that sounds vindictive, but hell, if we have kids shooting their fellow students based on their sexual preference, they need to be made an example of.

19. Nicvcer

Nicvcer Guest

I hope he gets 10 years and nothing more.
    "Don't rob my life, don't play god with me"
    You guys act like 10 years isn't enough time to think about what you've done. I think you're wrong. 23 years in prison is longer than I've been alive. I wouldn't wish that on anyone... and for you guys to wish this is both heartless and weak. So he made a HUGE mistake, he's only 14. His parents are dumb and didn't teach him consequences for his actions. It is not our place to rob his life away, it just isn't right to charge him as an adult, CAUSE HE ISN'T AN ADULT! If we throw this boy in prison for his entire life, wouldn't that be like killing him anyways? So you guys advocate killing? This thread sickens me.

I do agree with those who say tolerance needs to be taught in school, but do we really need to punish someone for the rest of their lives to achieve this?

#19 Nicvcer, Mar 31, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2008
  20. JSG

JSG Guest

What???????????????????????????
    So he made a 'mistake' ?? Only ten years, sure...
    Do you think Larry King will be back with his family and friends in ten years??

Oh poor innocent little KILLER !
    You actually have pity for someone who killed? On top of that a member of our community, one of the most discriminated in the world, 10 years is not enough, it could even encourage more killings 'I'll kill this fag, in ten years I'll be out anyway...'

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.