1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Young Boy Protests North Carolina Methodist Church's Gay Marriage Pledge

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Beware Of You, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Beware Of You

Credit to the church though for standing up for what's right

Ths kid must be brainwashed

Young Boy Protests North Carolina Methodist Church's Gay Marriage Pledge (VIDEO)

2. madi

I like how the kid has been brainwashed (most likely by his parents) but the people who put those thoughts in his head weren't protesting with him.

3. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well clearly they want to make some sort of statement even though it's obvious they're the cause of the brainwashing :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. Also even though he likely isn't...he oddly looks familiar like I've seen him in a documentary on a well known religious church *cough* WBC *cough*

#3 Revan, Apr 4, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
  4. Hexagon

Its so sad when the young are prejudiced. We're supposed to be the progressive ones.

5. DoriaN

Judging another's personal relationship with God is pretty opposite of what one should be doing.

6. That Kid

What if we told these 'Christians' that bigotry and judging others are the things Christianity is really against? Ugh:bang:

7. RainDreamer

I don't think if the kid is "brainwashed". Brainwashed imply there was actually a different way of thinking before the process. It seems like this kid ACTUALLY believe in what he is saying, because it is what he has been growing up with.
    Also, there will always be opposition for anything. People thinks differently. I don't think we will ever get universal acceptance across the world, just as there is no religion/philosophy/political system/belief that is embraced by 100% of the world.
    It is also the thing the kid have to learn. Just as he thumping on the bible, we wouldn't stand down for our equality either.

8. Emberstone

the bible says we are not allowed to judge anyone, for only God can do that. so this kid, according to the bible is going to hell, and god is the one who made that judgement.

9. barca

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    That poor kid. I hope he can get out of that environment.

Spreading hate yourself as an adult is one thing, but these cases of children being used.... It's so incredibly pathetic and unnecessary.

10. FruitFly

Pretty much.

The theory is that if they show you what a child free from the "indoctrination of the homosexual agenda" thinks (providing it agrees with their own particular views) then this shows that the stance he holds is the natural choice.

It is also considered character building, if I remember rightly... something about teaching them young that you have to be prepared stand up for your beliefs by yourself. It was explained to me once, but I've forgotten the logic used for allowing a child to protest in apparent isolation from any sort of adult care.

With that said .... it is possible that he's gone rogue and become rather zealous in his beliefs as they are created from his own interpretation. I've seen it happen twice, but they've usually been dragged away by their parent and informed exactly why it's important not to discount the interpretations and beliefs of their elders in the church so .... who knows.

I'm sure the Christian forum I'm on will be heralding him as a modern day Saint before the week is out ...

#10 FruitFly, Apr 4, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
  11. Stripe101

My profile Pic expresses how I feel about this

12. Emberstone

too bad indoctrinating children into false supremecy, be it racial, religious, political, or rapeistness (there are still places in this world where rapeing someone is a rite of passage), cant be defined as extreme child abuse and neglect, leading to CPS taking them into protective custody.

13. DannyBoi66

Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, England
    This actually hapened to me!

I was having a dream about if I had wings, and then I was pleasently soaring in the clouds. Next thing I know, this kid appears next to me, ranting on about gay marriage. That voice... I nearly screamed!

Mortifying! :angry:

Thinking back, the whole episode after I woke up and my cousin was staring at me was actually quite funny. :lol:

14. Unknown5

Unknown5 Guest

That's really cool what the church is doing. It's sad tho that parents could put their own bigoted beliefs into a kid who wouldn't know any better

15. Emberstone

whatever happened to freedom of religion? protesting a church because they follow the teachings of christ, while you, the protestor, follows the false teachings of Ayn Rand, Hitler, and Satan?

16. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wonder what Fred Phelps would think if he saw this.

Aaah, comments are disabled for the video. For shame, it'd be funny to see what would be there.

17. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's still brainwashing Rain. The fact is children enter the world with a clear mind and opinion. It's brainwashing by the parents (by what the child sees and hears the parents do) that changes them. Hence why I said, "brainwashed."