1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Four gay NFL players could come out on the same day!

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Stridenttube, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would love to see some NFL players come out. I really hope that something like this does happen. I also hope that if they do come out, they are not dropped from the team or face homophobia from their team.

3. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  4. 4ever Hearth

Would it be too much to ask if we threw some Hockey and Basketball players in there?.........Now that would be The Holy Trinity. :thumbsup:

5. Absol

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    This would be amazing! I know if I knew there was openly gay people that played in major sports, it would of be been such a moral booster for me.

Edit: What about Nascar, probably the most homophobic sport out there. Now that would be jaw dropping.

#5 Absol, Apr 5, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
  6. Unknown5

Unknown5 Guest

That would be cool!!!

7. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I would find it shocking if there are not a decent minority of gay people in all sports. A gay man may be less inclined due to the potential for homophobia, sure, but there are those that came out after the fact and there are most certainly a particular amount in all professional sports now. If only they would come out and make the homophobes deal with it. Here's to hoping these four men Ayanbadejo references decide to take the next step. :slight_smile:

Edit: Oh, and I can hear Ember's mind going off right now: "C'mon Chris Kluwe. Let it be him, let it be him, please let it be him!"

Am I right Ember? :grin:

#7 Browncoat, Apr 5, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
  8. Absol

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Oh no, there probably is, but there's never been a gay driver in Nascar to even come out after he retired, at least I've never heard of one. Though, I do have my candidates, I'm looking at you Tony Stewart. :wink:

9. mpac21

I find this to be very unexpected, yet awesome news. It would be a good idea to go through this challenge as a group than as an individual, that point is very, very valid in the article...

10. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Same day or not, it does say there are four gay football players. I'd say that's big regardless.

11. JuanJose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I really hope this happens and I hope it happens soon! My dad will be all over this and I'm curious to see what he'll think of it; and honestly it might give me an extra push to come out a little bit more if it happens to be a player I like

12. The Dude

Brendon Ayanbagejo Misspoke About Four Gay NFL Players

I unfortunately hate to be "that guy" but it doesn't look so promising after-all. There are gay NFL players and all that, but there isn't really a timeline and Ayanbagejo doesn't know who the players are themselves. He wants to get them together and have them come out at the same time, but there is nothing underway to suggest that will happen.

I desperately want it to happen though, it would make me so much more comfortable with myself. We'll see.

13. That Kid

Even though I'm a little skeptical (I'm such a pessimist) it would be GREAT if this happened! This would really revolutionize a sport that has been mired in homophobia, especially lately. It's funny how Roger Goodell's brother is gay, yet the NFL seems to show no support for the LGBT community. Let's hope this happens!

14. Stripe101

I don't get it. If we know they are gay, aren't they already out?

15. Eric

It should go without saying that there are gay players in the NFL, but as of right now no current NFL player is openly gay.

16. fairlyfey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    There have been several players who have come out after retiring; it caused a big stir with the usual idiots at the time but nothin major. This would be a big deal cuz the NFL and a couple of other sports organizations are absolutely the last major bastions of overt homophobia in the media (besides conservative radio). Hopefully this will lead to the sponsors laying off on the hate too, anyone else been shocked by how sexist/homophobic some of those superbowl adds are?