1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News RIP Annette Funicello

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by BiWidow, Apr 9, 2013.

1. BiWidow

The most famous original Mouseketeer died of complications of Multiple Sclerosis. She was 70 years old. It's so tragic to see what her disease did to her body.

2. GingerGuy

The funny thing is, this week I've read an article in my local newspaper stating that her death, along with Sarita Montiel, another actress who died on April 8, should have gotten just as much media coverage as Margaret thatchers demise. Because even though they did not influence the world nearly as much, the two women only entertained people, and never did any harm to anybody, such as causing wars.

And multiple sclerosis... I don't know of anyone who has it, but considering I've seen Lorenzo's oil, I understand quite well what it can do to people. Poor thing. Thatcher had dementia, which may be just as bad, if not worse, but at least she wasn't trapped in her own body and got to live much longer than Annette.

3. IrishEyes1989

Oh god, she wasn't even that old. Terrible. RIP.