1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Ill-Timed Article On A Supposed Shift On LGBT Issues from the LDS (Mormon) Church

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by AspieXLDS, Apr 14, 2013.

1. AspieXLDS

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Mormon Church Abandons Its Crusade Against Gay Marriage | Mother Jones

The person who wrote this article was, shall we say, hasty and jumped the gun? The comments of Boyd K. Packer during the LDS General Conference that took place after this article was released reveal the truth. Not to mention their new 'tolerance' website in which they claim its okay to be gay, but its a sin if you act on it...

2. Minamimoto_Fan

Y-yay...?

I'm honestly not surprised there'd still be some sort of stigma against, but I suppose it's getting a bit better... Still... I kinda don't know how to react

#2 Minamimoto_Fan, Apr 14, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2013
  3. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    His name is Boy Packer.....er I mean Boyd Packer. You're surprised? I dunno where this joke was going but I still got to call him Boy Packer.

4. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Unfortunately, the conversation within the Mormon community still needs to develop and continue with the work it's doing. I regret to say that the church itself will probably lag behind the humanistic feelings of many individual Mormons.

5. AspieXLDS

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That's very true. Most of my family is Mormon (at least on my dad's side) and my dad is the only hold-out on this issue. And our family has always been very devout. I left the Church for reasons beyond their position on the LGBT community, but that was the kickstart for it.

I do hope one day they get their heads firmly removed from the nether regions, but considering their past history on civil liberty issues, I'd say they'll be about ten years behind everyone else...