1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Anonymous Gives Awesome Response To Westboro's Threat To Protest At Boston Marathon

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by iwannabemyself, Apr 16, 2013.

1. iwannabemyself

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  2. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: Anonymous Gives Awesome Response To Westboro's Threat To Protest At Boston Marat

I just saw this. It's more sad than anything else that WBC is now just plain predictable.

3. Ticklish Fish

Re: Anonymous Gives Awesome Response To Westboro's Threat To Protest At Boston Marat

I have always wanted to grab a giant ass paint brush and just smear words on their nasty signs

4. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I know I shouldn't be wishing that on anyone, but: :roflmao:.

5. Xeno

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Hearing what WBC are doing just makes me want to do this: :bang:. Although, I'm starting to like Anonymous more and more.

6. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

The problem with WBC is they abuse the legal system to continue to spread their hatred. Several of the family members are attorneys, and their financial model is to go and make these abhorrent protests and then, at the first sign of their rights being trampled or restricted by law enforcement, they sue... and win, or settle. And they use that money to do more protests... more confrontations with police... more lawsuits. Wash, rinse, repeat.

This is one of the things that's really broken about the American legal system and, compared to, say, Canada, our unabridged free speech. We can outlaw hate speech without affecting freedoms; Canada and a number of other countries have done that and managed to not turn into Stalinist dictatorships. But you know the wingnut Republicans would never go for it.

7. Incognito10

I did not realize some of them were attorneys. It's amazingly terrible that they use their "resources" this way. And even more frightening is the fact that they believe what they're doing is ethical and for "the benefit of society."

8. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Actually, this isn't the case. It looks like it at face-value, but they're doing a loving thing. Here's the logic behind it:

The bible says multiple times (despite translations and mistranslations over several thousands of years) that homosexuality is a sin, which is, according to Leviticus, what destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah (Despite a still huge active volcano that's been active for thousands of years). Now look at the United States and several other countries. Homosexuality is accepted in an increasing amount of countries, and the United States is getting closer and closer to same-sex marriage.

Now the WBC talks about these things called Godsmacks, which, in their minds, is God punishing us for allowing homosexuality. Their reason for picketing the funerals of the people over at the marathon is this: Massachusetts was the first of the states to legalize same-sex marriage.

So they're doing a loving thing by "warning" us about these godsmacks and whatnot, just because someone's dick goes up when they see someone the same sex as they are. As far as the other signs, i.e. the army ones, the "US FAG" ones, etc. is it really all that necessary? I mean, if we really ARE all doomed, then what's the point with all these signs?

9. Aielar

Ugh, the westboro baptist church needs to stop trying to spread misguided hate. They're delusional and I honestly pity them for that. I'm fully supporting Anonymous here, s'long as no one gets physically harmed by the conflict.

10. Byron

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

I find them an endless source of entertainment, how often can you get so many offensive, misguided individuals together to make themselves look like idiots? besides, their efforts end up strengthening the communities they are protesting.

11. Incognito10

I certainly agree with everything you're saying. But is all about context and perception--for the families that are attending these funerals, it's not a source of entertainment.

12. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

To be fair, the WBC actually probably helps the advancement of LGBTQ rights in America by associating homophobia with bunch of extreme wingnuts who protest even cherished conservative institutions like veterans' funerals. Of course Fox News and the right-wing smear machine then tries to spin things around and laughably claim that Westboro is a "left-wing cult".

13. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

On a side note, my mom just called me into her room to show me that Anonymous has already started their handiwork :slight_smile:

14. Byron

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

I totally agree, it is disgusting that they are doing it at funerals. When I posted that I was thinking of the protests they planned at that college where the students used them as a way to raise money for the Trever project. I apologize.

15. Minamimoto_Fan

Is it sad that I'm a tad desensitized to their antics? They've become so predictable, I figured they'd pull something like this because it was Massachusetts.

*Sigh* I got a headache from reading this, I need some coffee and aspirin.

16. returning

Something about that is so freaking awesome! :slight_smile:

17. Re: Anonymous Gives Awesome Response To Westboro's Threat To Protest At Boston Marat

Anonymous became my role model when they retaliated when WBC was gonna picket sandy hook. Anonymous is just too awesome.

18. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

If someone shot a whole bunch of 'em, I bet the defendant would walk on a jury nullification. Just sayin'.

19. Re: Anonymous Gives Awesome Response To Westboro's Threat To Protest At Boston Marat

Glad I'm not the only one who sees it like that :icon_bigg

20. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

While I find them "idiotic," I'm not losing sight of the fact that these guys are demicidal maniacs who want to kill us.