1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Transgender Student Denied Chance At Prom King

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Sinopaa, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Sinopaa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hope Principle Shue becomes way more than just "uncomfortable" dealing with the backlash for his transphobic decision to humiliate the poor guy. For a Trans* guy to build up the courage to run for King and having that happen has to be mortifying. :frowning2:

Issak Wolfe, Transgender Student, Denied Chance At Prom King After Being Placed On 'Prom Queen' Ballot

2. UndercoverGypsy

That's horrible. It's so sad that this bullshit still goes on.

3. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I'm glad that in Australia this societal hierarchy of bullshit doesn't go on as much as it seems to in America. Such as the whole 'prom king/queen' shit which only promotes segregation between students and more power to the popular kids and creates favoritism.

I feel terrible for him though. He's got a lot of guts to even run for it, and yet this sort of oppression occurs. Shame on that principal for their transphobic acts.